cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support during COVID-19 situation

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help. 

To have your questions answered as quickly as possible, access support 24/7 via our Help Articles, our chatbot SIMon, or start a conversation in our friendly Community. 

IMPORTANT: So what does this mean if I have an issue right now?

For the time being, we ask that you consider the following pointers about customer support:

• Please reach out to our Moderator team only if your matter is urgent so that we may prioritize critical cases first while support is run with fewer team members. 
  • The best way to submit a ticket with support remains with submitting a ticket via our virtual assistant, SIMon, so that our Moderators receive all the pertinent information from the get-go. Only one ticket submission per issue is required.
  • If your matter is not urgent, please use other methods of support until further notice, or consider holding off on the support request until a later point in time 

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time, as we continue to work together through these difficult times. This page will be updated as the situation develops.

-Public Mobile Community Team

220 REPLIES 220

AnitaPell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Excellent Reminder @hairbag1! There are to many vulnerable people being taken advantage of & the less they put out there the better!

Take care Everyone & stay safe!!! 

@darlicious 

Ported from LUCKY, not Chatr....

AE_Collector

@Kobiloco12  We are just trying to understand what you meant;

Did you transfer your number from lucky to public mobile? Then you were sent a message from lucky to pay $50 by April 3rd but you could do that because they don't have your number? 

Or did you try to transfer your number but you can't because lucky has closed your account?

Edit: changed chattr to lucky

@AE_Collector  Thx got confused....now where's the chattr user I've confused threads with?

@Kobiloco12 wrote:

Iam not sure what you mean. Port my number 

Did you move your number from the old carrier to the new carrier.

Kobiloco12

Iam not sure what you mean. Port my number 

@Kobiloco12   Did you try to port your number from chattr to public mobile or the other way around?

Kobiloco12

Thank you for puk # Info.   Next hurdle,On first top  up  I was set up for direct payment which was taken out of my account., before payment I received message saying payment for my Lucky cell plan was due to make sure I transferred #50 to my account bye due date April 3 my cell service was cancelled saying my cell phone number did not exist on my account ,Not sure what went wrong  thank you got your assistance with my account 

@Kobiloco12  I wanted to be sure your phone wasnt locked to your previous provider. The puk code to unlock your sim is provided by the moderators. Click on the (?) At the bottom right corner of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon. Type in puk code, then human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. There will probably be a message for you in the morning.

@Kobiloco12 

Only Mods can help with PUK code. Two ways to reach them.

1- 

Simon.JPG

Or 2 via private message at link below.

Click here 

Kobiloco12

First obstacle top of my cell locked sim   I need P u k to unlock SIM card 

@Kobiloco12  Can you tell me exactlywhat the code your phone is asking for?

Kobiloco12

New account after first top up  payment payday directly  plus put 50$ into account on top up due day account was closed ,,,I also locked sim need puk number 

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

we appreciate all the support from public mobile

@kathleen2  You will recieve no phone calls. Have you checked your private message box? The envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators? You will probably need to submit a new ticket but if you have a message from the moderators try replying to it.

@kathleen2 wrote:

Hey there,

I have tried for two weeks to add a payment with a prepaid voucher, but my voucher is rejected every time....

I have submitted three tickets with this problem, and have not received a phone call back.

I have called the 855 help line as well without success. there is no option to talk to a human on the help line. it has the same options as 611. 

What is the problem with the website that keeps rejecting my attempts to pay?

any  suggestions?

Have you checked the sent folder (envelope icon top right) to ensure your ticket was sent and the inbox for a reply?

If you need to contact a moderator:

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page

Step 2: Type in “moderator” and submit by clicking the small green up arrow.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

kathleen2

Hey there,

I have tried for two weeks to add a payment with a prepaid voucher, but my voucher is rejected every time....

I have submitted three tickets with this problem, and have not received a phone call back.

I have called the 855 help line as well without success. there is no option to talk to a human on the help line. it has the same options as 611. 

What is the problem with the website that keeps rejecting my attempts to pay?

any suggestions?

Pop1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Where we used to live the signal was so bad we actually had to step outside to get any signal at all.I hope that in these uncertain times he can somehow resolve his signal issue.Good idea I think trying someone else’s phone to start with.

@liban961 wrote:

i try phone in all area   signal bad..i cant rent  more apartment to get good signal..thanks

You might have to revert to an old fashion landline again. Use the cell phone when outside or in area of good reception.

@liban961 wrote:

i dont know who to ask here,,confused..i move to new apartment about 500 m from old address  ,now signal is bad,i even cant make a call ,i get 1 bar, but before i have 3-4 bar,any help here?

Can you download the TextNow app to text/phone over wifi until you straighten your signal strength out?

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, it is going to be hard for @liban961 to figure out such a simple issue with the current mess we are in.  Perhaps they have someone else in the home with a phone so might be able to determine if the phone is the problem or the signal.  I have a few dead spots in our home.  It has to be very upsetting in these times not to be able to use your phone.

DanRJ

Did you change any settings on your phone? Perhaps it needs to be reset to factory settings?

DanRJ

That's very considerate, and very true. While we are unable to go out and about it is the perfect time to assist others to keep ourselves and others motivated. ♥️

Mimi33

Sorry, but I don't understand your comment.

DanRJ

Thank you for keeping us up-to-date on events. I appreciate the consideration! 

Mimi33

That is too bad.  I would suggest that someone using another provider come to your place and see if the signal works for them. However during the self isolation time, I am not sure what to tell you.

@liban961 wrote:

i try phone in all area   signal bad..i cant rent  more apartment to get good signal..thanks

Try using a different phone to see if maybe your phone itself is weak.

liban961

Mimi33

You may have interferance from metal structures etc.. Are there certain areas in your new place where the signal is better?  

@liban961 wrote:

i dont know who to ask here,,confused..i move to new apartment about 500 m from old address  ,now signal is bad,i even cant make a call ,i get 1 bar, but before i have 3-4 bar,any help here?

Sounds more like a phone issue rather than a PM issue. Try different areas in new apt. You might have to get a different apt.

liban961

Need Help? Let's chat.