cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support during COVID-19 situation

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help. 

To have your questions answered as quickly as possible, access support 24/7 via our Help Articles, our chatbot SIMon, or start a conversation in our friendly Community. 

IMPORTANT: So what does this mean if I have an issue right now?

For the time being, we ask that you consider the following pointers about customer support:

• Please reach out to our Moderator team only if your matter is urgent so that we may prioritize critical cases first while support is run with fewer team members. 
  • The best way to submit a ticket with support remains with submitting a ticket via our virtual assistant, SIMon, so that our Moderators receive all the pertinent information from the get-go. Only one ticket submission per issue is required.
  • If your matter is not urgent, please use other methods of support until further notice, or consider holding off on the support request until a later point in time 

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time, as we continue to work together through these difficult times. This page will be updated as the situation develops.

-Public Mobile Community Team

220 REPLIES 220

@Gbenjamin38 wait 50 minutes, clear your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to register your self service account. 

Gbenjamin38
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need assistance trying to register my account so I can renew my plan.. says it sent me sms text message but I hav snot received prob because I am out of time please help 

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Armando- I am not sure. I ordered SIM cards online through PM at $5.00 each.  Safest way to shop right now.

BearFBI

Does anybody know if Walmart's Kiosks are open for public mobile?

kimmycooper

Good to know . Thanks for keeping us informed

Mimi33

Kathleen2

You are probably getting the error message bacause you are already logged in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kathleen2 wrote:

I need to submit a ticket for help but an error message comes up everytime i try to log into the community. 

Well you're here so you have managed to log in.

That ticket form does need the log in details that you used here.

What are you needing them for anyway?

kathleen2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to submit a ticket for help but an error message comes up everytime i try to log into the community. 

@Rmparker They can't do it. Only you can from your phone when in Canada.

smp99

@Rmparker You are going to have contact a moderator for a request like that. 

Click on the "?" at the bottom-right of the this screen request to contact moderator. 

Rmparker

That only works if in Canada and connection to the network. I'm in Costa Rica currently and wasn't planning on being here still. Otherwise I would have done that vs buying a temp sim card here. I assume someone at PM could forward my number but I can't on self serve...

For number forwarding, I simply go into the phone dialer, call forward seeing and supply the number to forward calls to.

Rmparker

Can I  forward my # to another # or turn on service here in Costa Rica? Telus customer can get services here so not sure why public mobile customer can't?

My flight home to Toronto was cancelled due to COVID. I'd like to transfer my existing# to a VoIP line at minimum if I can't use PM services here. Don't see any options to do such things self serve. Appreciate any help

@Mimi33  Fingers crossed mid September if we can flatten the curve!

Mimi33

Let me know when and we can meet.

@Mimi33  Lol....it all started to come back to me. If the bf and I do make it to London we might just have to meet for a coffee or a drink! Those sneaky little increases other providers like to slip in here and there.....thats one great thing about public mobile your plan price never increases. They might eliminate a plan and grandfather you in but once you have it you get to keep it!

Mimi33

Hey darlicious

That is correct. Wow...you have a great memory.  I am very happy with PM so far and now I am going to have my spouse leave the same company as his plan just incresed without any notification.  How rude!

@Mimi33    Is my memory correct that you switched just before Xmas from bell after being bummed out that you had just found public mobile in November about a month after pm eliminated the $60 US/Canada 8gb+2gb roaming plan?

Mimi33

Hi mpcdesign

My situation is different. I spend the winter in Florida and use a cheap Tracfone (pay as you go) and have a land line.  PM offered 10 days of free calling, texting and a bit of data for those of us who are travelling home asap as directed by our government.  The Tracfone doesn't allow texting to out of country numbers, nor is calling Canada that easy.  I purchased the US add-on only for use while in the USA to call ahead for hotels and to text family for updates on border situation and to help monitor traffic issues around Atlanta and other large cities along the I75 corridor. It was greatly appreciated and next year (if possible) I would purchase the same add-on for my travel home. Hope this helps. 

@Bj2001  Did you get any contact from a moderator in the last two weeks? I cant remember if you told us the make and model of your phone? I know @Jb456 was trying to help to see if there was an issue with your model of phone. @Alan_K has always been on top of community issues and is currently filling in at his former position while Tiana is away and would be concerned with your inability to get your US roaming add ons to work and your inability to have any contact with the moderators. Please note there is reduced service during the covid 19 crisis due to health and safety concerns.

@Bj2001, after reading so many posts with USA add-ons, it really does sound like a downer, a bummer, a fail. But, it seems that for the add-on to work, you need to be in the States for it to work. BJ, are you not in the States? 

If you are in the States, and living or working from there, isn't it cheaper for you to get a plan from the States versus getting a plan from Public Mobile? From my cousins who live down there, the plans are much cheaper than up here in Canada!

Bj2001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'd love to Thankyou PM for this offer BUT like every other time my USA addons don't work so even though I want to keep in touch with my family in Canada PM can't/won't sort out it out expeditiously. 

Bj2001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry but PM service was crap before this covid19 problem 

So will it take 10 days now to get my USA addon working? 

Mimi33

Yup...just hope Swoop doesn't go under with this mess. Air Canada stocks are a steal if you have any investments left.  We flew home to London at Christmas for $79 US per person (a thousand dollars today with our dollar).

I actually tried that but got a message that I had to have IMessaging on.  I do love IMessaging as providers like Bell could not charge for usage (in the day and still with cheaper plans, when texts are limited to a number of texts per month).  I really am not complaining as PM is going to give me a credit for the $20 bundle plus (I hope) for the $8 I originally paid for texting only until I talked myself into needing data.  39 new cases of the virus in Pasco county, where our US home is, since we left yesterday.  Stay healthy and for sure I can help with your London layover.

@Mimi33  That sounds about right driving wise....i did a couple road trips to new Orleans from Toronto back in the day and did it in about 20 hours not counting all the missteps, misadventures and missing piston along the way! Turning off Imessage would have probably helped but I'm sure a couple of our resident Apple users can help with their experiences using roaming like @CalgaryBen and @iPhoneUser . I have a 24 hour stopover in London in September if we can travel again by then...ill have to hit you up in the lounge for some advice on what to do and where to stay for our short stay on the way to nova Scotia. Gotta love Swoop!

Mimi33

LOL...we took turns driving from Tampa to London and started at 11:30 pm so no traffic.  Not one car at the Sarnia border helped matters also. I get confused with the types of texting.  At times my iphone sent SMS texts (blue bubble turned green) however this didn't happen after text from PM advising I had no data, so I don't understand.  I guess if PM offers US texting only it must work then.  In the future I could try purchasing texting and not data, and see how it works.  That is if we can, or I want to leave of our country again.  Thanks

Mimi33

Thanks Darlicious

Because E1 in our family have "I" products messages defaults to Imessaging however both SMS and MMS are activated in my settings.  At times messages went through using SMS (the bubble turns green from the usual blue colour for iMessaging) during the time period I had data left.  Messaging did not work at all after the notification from PM that data was all used up.  I tried using ppl's email address instead of iPhone numbers and that didn't work.

@Mimi33  It sounds like you were using Imessage rather than traditional SMS or MMS service that would require only texting add ons. Incoming texts do not require a roaming add on only outgoing texts. But thankfully you're back home and ready to self isolate and you don't have to pay for the roaming add ons. Welcome back to Canada!

@Mimi33 

Wow, is that trip do-able in 18 hours? I guess it is... We did LA to Vancouver in 24 hours years ago, maybe you weren't too far south in Florida?

Basically texting is accomplished on the voice network so data is not required. But if you have an Apple device things get complicated real quick. It depends on your device settings and the device of the person who you are messaging whether it will be done over the voice or data networks.

AE_Collector

Mimi33

Hello AE_Collector

FYI:  We drove a straight 18 hours to Canada from Florida yesterday. Oringinally I had purchased only the $8.00 US text add-on, however I could not understand how texting would work without the data add-on so I then purchased the bundle for $20.00 with text, talk and a bit of data.  I received a first text from PM advising I had used 50% of data, followed later that day with a text advising I had used 95% of my data. Right after the second text from PM I was unable able to text. (I would have had plenty if data for the 18 hours however google traffic maps ate it up rather quickly.)  I am not sure why PM offers just a texting add-on if data is also required. Should this, or do you know if this situation has been explained when purchasing US add-ons? I could not find anything in the community that spelled it out.

Need Help? Let's chat.