Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Different Mobile Experience is Here!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

Get ready to experience Public Mobile differently.  

As a digital-first brand, we’re passionate about bringing subscribers ultimate flexibility and convenience at their fingertips. With exciting new upgrades made to benefit valued customers like you, here are some of the features you can look forward to:

Reliable 5G Network

Now you can upgrade to 5G and access premium wireless service on our award-winning national network. 

Shop 5G subscriptions 

Subscription Plans

Canada’s First 5G Subscription Phone Plans.

Your music, your shows, your groceries – now your phone. Subscribe in minutes with eSIM, choose the plan that suits you, and pay the same every month.

Shop all subscription plans

All Access App

With the Public Mobile app, you’re in control. 

Conveniently manage your account and find online solutions anytime you need.

Download the app

Get Rewarded

Earn Public Points™ simply by being a subscriber.

Public PointsTM are the rewards you earn simply by being a subscriber. Use your points towards lowering your monthly payments, purchasing add-ons, and more.

More on rewards

Learn more about what’s new

Find answers to any questions you have about these new offerings and through My Account, or the Public Mobile app.

J_PM_0-1684923383429.png

230 REPLIES 230

HI @StillAngry   you lost your Community account?

But can you use this StillAngry account to login My Account? 

StillAngry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Also, not new in town. At all. I was Angry new client in 2021 and I am really angry now. Why can't they just do things correctly. I  can't even submit a ticket and the pointless chatbot keeps requiring me to log in ad nauseum.

So utterly frustrated!!!

StillAngry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This doesn't seem so great to me! I have been cut off without notification! My payment is just due today. I never miss a payment! There is no way to make a payment and the so called help keeps saying it is down for maintenance or oops there is a problem. The website looks different. We are dealing with credit cards here and this does not inspire a sense of security. What are they thinking. I will research better deals and post them if this keeps up.

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What is 2FA ?  Umm  With my wifes carrier it was a  three minute wait and I was addressing the issue  .... my last issue here was a three day wait so yeah it does kinda  make a difference . 

So this new security is better ??    So it(trusted devices ) will really work on the new security site ...it wouldn't work for me on the old one  ...always had to have them text me the code . Its just the new company only allows two minutes to get the code typed in and half the time it hasn't arrived when time runs out  ...and the old system just started if it was the right code and now it seems you have to hit the confirm button before  it will ok.   

And what was wrong with my old password ...now I have another one to have to keep track of  ...and will I still need my old one for in the public mobile system  ....just such a s......w

@barndoor 2FA is now with most providers, moving to another carrier is not a solution

To avoid needing one next time, please click "Trusted device" after you enter the code before you click continue

and if you were getting it via email, keep refresh your app to get the code quicker. Most the time, the email is set to check new mail every 5 mins 

@Pawprints1986 

Public Mobile no longer sells CPO devices.

barndoor

Whatever happened to customer service  .... it took 15 minutes to to get in to this s .......e   . Because the codes expired before received  and  had to set up another account with yet another effin password .  I realize that  for many this is their life but for me this is JUST A PHONE .  If you are going to continue making life here so stressful   there will be no hesitation to port when an issue does arise here ...it will just be the only reasonable  solution .

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry, another very related question... Has public stopped selling used devices? I'll not in any current need, I just got curious and looked to see actually if there were new offers with the overhaul. I only see sim cards or plans or the app under "shop"? 🤔

Grinch

Download is same but........ Noooooo is NOT the same format. And is pointless to try to copy and paste into excel.

hi @Grinch you can download payment history and usage on My Account, just like old one 

Grinch

Not that it is a big deal. But for any of us that copy and paste usage or payment history or add-ons left into another program,  like excel....it's much more incompatible than before. 

HI @Franco31  good suggestion.  We need a $30 or $35 plan back  🙂

Franco31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Love the plans !

Suggestion:  6gb for $34 would be nice !

@BrysonBeek wrote:

This was my exact thoughts. Another thing I just noticed too is that the $15/mo plan no longer lists unlimited texting as being a feature. On top of this, texting is now limited to only being Canada-wide.

@BrysonBeek , you made me look! I am on this plan & see texting is no longer listed! Nor unlimited incoming calls! Strange!

IMG_0067.jpeg

Edited for update:

Edit: @Meowington has submitted a support ticket & it has been verified by a CS_Agent that the wording is listed incorrectly on that plan!

“Updated from CS_Agent:

Hello,  I am delighted to assist you today!

Here are the details of the $15 plan and what is included:

*100 outgoing Canada-wide minutes and Unlimited incoming Canada-wide minutes

*Unlimited International text and Picture Messaging

*250 MB 

*data speed 3G

Available channel: Activation Portal Public Mobile / MyAccount.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I stay at your disposal!

Kindly,
CS_Agent”

HI @BrysonBeek  from what we understand , the $15 plan is the same one with no change in feature.  So, still unlimited text and text still international

BrysonBeek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This was my exact thoughts. Another thing I just noticed too is that the $15/mo plan no longer lists unlimited texting as being a feature. On top of this, texting is now limited to only being Canada-wide.

pubmobsux

Why hide them in the app? Someone shopping for a new phone plan won't download an app before they join.  It just seems sneaky to me and a money grab.  I feel uncomfortable continuing to give my money to a company who would use false advertising.  Just to say, other discount cell phone companies seem pretty upfront about their pricing.  I joined Public Mobile from Fido because they were ridiculous with their fees, forcing me to continue paying the subsidy for a future new phone or some such nonsense.  Where has the integrity gone? Oh yeah, $$$$

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

There’s an update to the app incase anyone wants to know!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@BrysonBeek 

Correct....as I said they are not listed on the website but they are available in your self serve account and in the app.

Edit:

Screenshot_20230524_072653_Firefox~2.jpg

BrysonBeek

BrysonBeek_0-1685227724307.png

BrysonBeek

No, the website only offers 4G and 5G plans now. The lowest price offered is a $39/mo 4G promo plan.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@BrysonBeek 

You can find them in the app and in your self serve account. They are not listed on the website (?!!)

BrysonBeek

The $15 and $25 plans.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@BrysonBeek 

Where is what? Rewards? Add ons?

BrysonBeek

If they're still available, where are they?

robm54

Hi Grinch, I am in a very similar position to you and wholeheartedly agree. I think my earlier post from about 8 hours ago in this thread sums thing up pretty well. Good luck my friend. Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @J_PM how the 30 days data work when a new cycle starts?

If I bought 1Gb on 25th days, used 100 Mb in 5 days and a new cycle starts. Does PM takes the regular monthly data first? 

If my regular data used up on the 25th days again, my 30 days addon just expired, isnt that unfair  amd a waste??

@hTideGnow    Yep, it is totally unfair but PM (Telus) reaps extra profits because they're not making enough. /s

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pawprints1986    If you have legacy rewards, then those aren't impacted by the current changes or even by changing plans.  You have to physically opt into the new points systems, of course, don't.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Disappointment to the FAMILY" - Steven He

I agree, disappointed entirely. Back to Bell, I guess. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to start adding my kids to Public mobile, and now will move them to Lucky or Chatr. Sorry Public but your new way of doing things is less attractive. I'll keep my account because I actually use data and public is relatively decent for those who use a good amount of data. 

The real Naepalm

Need Help? Let's chat.