cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Transferring your number to Public Mobile

@Mary_M could you please take a look at this?
Oracle

Just hold tight, she should be able to help you out rather quickly.

Hey @helloPM

Sorry to hear about this.

You need to add the name of the Rogers account in order to be able to port. If you are still having trouble,

can you send me the number as well as the Rogers account # by private message ?

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Mayor / Maire

@helloPM actually I think I ran into this trying to port a friend over from Telus a couple of days ago.

Start over, enter your phone number, and then make sure you check the "i am authorized to transfer this number" checkbox (the actual text may be slightly different but it's the checkbox right below the line where you enter the phone number.  Check this box before you click the button to check eligibility.  That seemed to have resolved it for my friend, as the second attempt worked.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did it again, following @srlawren instructions, and got further this time - was able to submit the wireless transfer request form.

I was able to supply all fields, though I was uncertain about what "Alternate Phone:" referred to.

But when I submit the request it says 'We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.', so I have DM'ed to @Mary_M.

Thanks for the help.

Oracle

Alternate phone number is a required field; it can be any active Canadian number. In theory, I think it may be used to confirm your id, or reach out to you.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I recently ported numbers and my old phone is still activated but receives texts and calls but I can text and make calls from my ported Pm phone but not receive them.

Do I have to call my old provider and Cancel my service to make my Pm fully functional?
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Supras7, whatever you do, do NOT call your old provider to cancel. Your account had to be active and in good standing to port out your number, and closing it now may cause you to lose the number permanently.

I'm going to tag our Public Mobile community moderators @Shazia_K and @Mary_M, one of whom you can expect to reply by tomorrow morning to help complete your port.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for quick reply, will Pm cancel my old providers service once fully switched over?
Mayor / Maire

@Supras7 yep, completely automatic.