cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move my cell phone number to Public Mobile?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The phone number you want to transfer must still be active with your current service provider. Once the transfer has been processed your account with old service provider will be deactivated.

For Wireless - Provide either one of the three pieces of account information from your old service provider – Old Account #, ESN / IMEI / MEID, PIN along with your alternate phone number and your name.

For Wireline - Provide the complete billing address along with your name, alternate number and all other required information.

To port your number at the time of activation, select “Transfer a wireless or wireline number” on Step 5 of Activation Process.

Activation Portal - Step 5

Activation Porting Number.PNG

Authorization Name should be the name associated with the number to be ported.

To port your number from your Self Serve account, go to "Plan and Add-ons" from home page and "Change Phone number" and continue with the steps above.

Web Self Serve

WSC Port EN.PNG

150 REPLIES 150

In fact this customer @Marjo22 has already a post on the french side....thanks @mimmo !!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marjo22 wrote:

Pas capable transférer mon num cell

Ma 2 carte SIM desactiver

Google Translate:

Voulez-vous dire suspendu ou réellement désactivé?

Marjo22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Pas capable transférer mon num cell

Ma 2 carte SIM desactiver

mimmo

@Marjo22  on doit escribir avec un message privat au moderator_team por fair les choise por toi.  qual est le problem che tu avez avec le port?

Perdon mon francais.  @Lieux  can you help out further.

Marjo22

Saray_0 pouvez vous m,écrire en pv 

Pour transférer non num cell

Et carte SIM désactiver 

srlawren

@eurotcb98 wrote:

if there is someone will do my case , i am transfering number from bell to public mobile, but after 3 days still no news phone is not activated yet

@eurotcb98 if you are transferring from a bell mobile service:  try rebooting your phone.  If it's still not working, then you have stuck port and need to reach out to the moderator team via private message, which you can learn how to do here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

On the other hand, if you are transferring from a Bell landline, you need to wait a bit longer--these can easily take a full week or slightly more.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hello @eurotcb98

Did you try to transfer your number on your account? Is your phone unlocked with Bell? More details with your problem will help us to help you.

eurotcb98
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

if there is someone will do my case , i am transfering number from bell to public mobile, but after 3 days still no news phone is not activated yet

CORINNNA7

Thanks, this is helpful! I have sent them a private message and hopefully will hear back soon! 🙂

@CORINNNA7 wrote:

Hi, I recently switched from Koodo to Public Mobile. I activated my plan at Walmart, and have not yet de-activated my Koodo (prepaid) account, because I would like to keep that phone number. At the counter at Walmart, where I activated my Public Mobile account, I was told that the system would not allow them to port my phone number for some unknown reason and that I would have to choose a temporary phone number (which I did) and once at home, port the number myself. I have tried logging into my Public Mobile account and changing my phone number, but it tells me that my phone number is ineligible for the switch. How can I port my phone number from Koodo to Public Mobile?

Thanks!

@CORINNNA7

Koodo Prepaid and Public Mobile share back end infrastructure. The port must be done manually by a moderator. 

they are PM employees and can help with account issues. Please be aware that they are working on a first come, first serve basis, and will get back to you as soon a they can.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CORINNNA7 wrote:

Hi, I recently switched from Koodo to Public Mobile. I activated my plan at Walmart, and have not yet de-activated my Koodo (prepaid) account, because I would like to keep that phone number. At the counter at Walmart, where I activated my Public Mobile account, I was told that the system would not allow them to port my phone number for some unknown reason and that I would have to choose a temporary phone number (which I did) and once at home, port the number myself. I have tried logging into my Public Mobile account and changing my phone number, but it tells me that my phone number is ineligible for the switch. How can I port my phone number from Koodo to Public Mobile?

Thanks!

Yes. Porting from Koodo prepaid requires moderator assistance.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

CORINNNA7

Thanks!

@shadyazn wrote:

Just tried porting number from Fido to PM and now when I try to call the number I get an automated message saying:  6UT3/6UT1 the number you have reached is not in service.  And then it goes on saying the number I have called is not assigned.

Try rebooting your phone.  If it's been several hours since porting and the possibl persists, the port could be stuck.  Seek moderator team assistance in that case.

shadyazn

Just tried porting number from Fido to PM and now when I try to call the number I get an automated message saying:  6UT3/6UT1 the number you have reached is not in service.  And then it goes on saying the number I have called is not assigned.

caromom

Thank you for the link! 

@caromom wrote:

Thank you for your response.

My landline is still working, and the number is also now on my cell phone. I can make calls with my cell phone and it shows up as my landline number, but if people call me, my landline rings. 

I talked to two different Telus people today, they explained to me that it is a simple process, I just need to call my provider and ask them to confirm the switch with Telus. When I told them it is Public Mobile, owned by Telus, and they don't have customer service, neither of them had heard of them! They're definitely working out of different places. 

I will contact the moderator.

Thanks again!

The way the system responds to a legitimate porting request is the number is used immediately on the Public Mobile end as if the port is complete.  So you see outbound calls showing the to be ported number.  Inbound calls continue to go to the old carrier because they still have the number in their system.  Completing the port is like a synchronization mechanism.

Rockdaddy22

@caromom wrote:

My landline is still working, and the number is also now on my cell phone. I can make calls with my cell phone and it shows up as my landline number, but if people call me, my landline rings. 

I talked to two different Telus people today, they explained to me that it is a simple process, I just need to call my provider and ask them to confirm the switch with Telus. When I told them it is Public Mobile, owned by Telus, and they don't have customer service, neither of them had heard of them! They're definitely working out of different places. 

Thanks again!

Sounds like a classic incomplete port. You definitely need the moderator team to fix this for you. 

caromom

Thanks again!

@caromom wrote:

Hello,

I ported my Telus phone number to my Public Mobile phone, like in the instructions you provided. I have had an account with Public Mobile for a couple of months already. So now my Telus number is on my phone, but it is also still my landline. Telus tells me that they need to get confirmation from Public Mobile to finalize the transfer and close my account. So I'm still paying for my Telus account, and for my plan with Public Mobile. I talked to 2 different people from Telus today, they said the procedure is to get confirmation from the service provider. If I cancel my account with them right now I will lose that number. How do I get Public Mobile to send confirmation to Telus? How do I proceed? Thank you 

The actual confirmation is part of the number porting process.  Your Telus landline automatically closes after your number has been ported.  Based on your Telus landline still working, your number was never ported over to Public Mobile.  Do incoming calls actually work on your Public Mobile phone?  If they do, the problem is on the Telus (landline) end and they forgot to close your account for some reason.  Do not close the account yourself.

As Telus owns Public Mobile, you should be able to get 2 brands to talk to each other.  And as they are both Telus companies, I would that that either Telus would refund the charges, or Public Mobile would extend the date of your plan as already paid for the time that you had to pay both companies.

Send a message to Moderator_Team explaining this.  Hopefully, the 2 Telus brands can figure this all out for you by talking to each other.

Rockdaddy22

@caromom wrote:

Hello,

I ported my Telus phone number to my Public Mobile phone, like in the instructions you provided. I have had an account with Public Mobile for a couple of months already. So now my Telus number is on my phone, but it is also still my landline. Telus tells me that they need to get confirmation from Public Mobile to finalize the transfer and close my account. So I'm still paying for my Telus account, and for my plan with Public Mobile. I talked to 2 different people from Telus today, they said the procedure is to get confirmation from the service provider. If I cancel my account with them right now I will lose that number. How do I get Public Mobile to send confirmation to Telus? How do I proceed? Thank you 

I’m so sorry you’re experiencing these issues. You’ll need to contact the moderators/customer service rep @CS_Agent use that link to send them a detailed message about these issues. They should be able to fix you up rather quickly. 

caromom

Hello,

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@harvester434, Yes, they work Saturdays.  no need to send another private message.  You should already be in their queue.

harvester434

They work Saterdays?

I will try then

matbasm

@harvester434, you will need to wait untill they get back to you.  It is usually within a few hours, depending on their load.  They're pretty mush gone for the day, but should be back on-line at 9AM (EST).

jp2

A reply could take up to 48 hours. It's not usually that long though

harvester434

I just checked the link you sent me 

I did send a message from there allready , 

No reply

harvester434

Ok , Thank You 

I will try that 

matbasm

@harvester434, Where was your phone purchased from?  All Canadian carriers are now obliged to unlock cell phones for free for private users.

That asside, If you are unable to get the number port working yourself, just contact the moderators as I mentioned in my previous message.  They will be able to get this done for you.

harvester434

The phone number was entered correctly , I did try the second time with spaces just to try and it clearly says 10 digits

Need Help? Let's chat.