cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move my cell phone number to Public Mobile?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The phone number you want to transfer must still be active with your current service provider. Once the transfer has been processed your account with old service provider will be deactivated.

For Wireless - Provide either one of the three pieces of account information from your old service provider – Old Account #, ESN / IMEI / MEID, PIN along with your alternate phone number and your name.

For Wireline - Provide the complete billing address along with your name, alternate number and all other required information.

To port your number at the time of activation, select “Transfer a wireless or wireline number” on Step 5 of Activation Process.

Activation Portal - Step 5

Activation Porting Number.PNG

Authorization Name should be the name associated with the number to be ported.

To port your number from your Self Serve account, go to "Plan and Add-ons" from home page and "Change Phone number" and continue with the steps above.

Web Self Serve

WSC Port EN.PNG

150 REPLIES 150

bretth
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, As other threads said, I created a new APN. It works now. I donot know I should manually create an APN. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
What kind of phone, most likely apn settings

bretth

I got the message said my transfer has been completed successfully. Now I can call in and out. I also can sent/receive message. But the internet does not work. What should I do? Thanks

bretth

I activated my sim card and got the congrat message about 1 hour before. But my phone still only can call out. The call in and data are not available yet. My phone is transfered from Fido. I saw it normally took about 35 mins in the previous threads. Should I wait more time? Thanks.

Rockdaddy22
Of course they'll honor the promo, you'll just need patience as they're overwhelmed at the moment.

dimsonny

Trying to sign up for the promotion but there is significant delay in porting my old number. And since the delay I can't make an account on public mobile to confirm the promo, seems like a serious error in designing the activation process.

My Credit Card is already charged, and I will be extremely upset if they don't honor the promo.

Regards,

Me.

srlawren

@Hmm I believe there is some work being done on an updated community, though I have no idea when it might be ready for live use.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
I'm no web expert, so I have no idea about that lol

Hmm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sticky yes, but also this forum needs a different, better message board. It's too basic.

Rockdaddy22
I though so, should be sticky as others have mentioned

srlawren
Wow nice resource, @Rockdaddy22!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Hmm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just got the SIM cards that I ordered and I am in the process of starting the Account Setup.

When will I see the option to port my cell number to PM?

Thanks

SpicyBoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes @srlawren , thank you for care, all fixed.

srlawren

@SpicyBoy did @Saray_O get this all fixed up for you?  I hope so!

SpicyBoy

Hi @Saray_O

I sent you all needed info, thank you.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @SpicyBoy

Shazia is out of the office for the weekend. If you still need help with your port, could you send me this info through a private message?

- Koodo prepaid phone number

- Koodo prepaid account number

- Public Mobile SIM card number

Thank you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Ok, I'm not sure if she's in tomorrow morning, so I'll tag all of them @Shazia_K @Saray_O @Mary_M

Hopefully we can get this taken care of in the morning.

SpicyBoy

No... that's why i'm writing here

Rockdaddy22
You haven't heard back from @Shazia_K?

SpicyBoy

And what next? i sent all needed  info and nothing is happening....

SpicyBoy

Hi,thank you

I sent you all relevant information in private message.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @SpicyBoy

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

Are you trying to port your number to us? if so, you will need to send me the following info in private: 

-Koodo prepaid phone #

-Koodo prepaid account #

-Public Mobile SIM card #

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Should've mentioned, one of them will be in later this morning and will make contact with you in this thread, hold tight.

Rockdaddy22
Yes they'll be able to help you, I'll tag them now.

@Saray_O @Shazia_K @Mary_M could one of you help our friend @SpicyBoy

SpicyBoy

I still don't understand how to upload my old Koodo number to public sim, I had a prepaid plan on Koodo and the plan was off but not cancelled when i connected to public mobile, is moderators able to help me in this case???!!!

srlawren

@atwkim85 just to confirm as @Rockdaddy22 says, the porting process will close your old account automatically. Make sure you DO NOT manually close it, as doing so before the port completes may cuase you to lose your current phone number (the one you want to port in).  

Rockdaddy22
It'll be cancelled automatically, no need to do anything 🙂

atwkim85

So what happens with my old account once I port my phone number to public mobile? Does it get cancelled automatically? or do I have to cancel my old plan myself?

srlawren

@Luddite wrote:

Guess I gotta get more Geritol! Smiley Wink

@Luddite have you checked Costco?  Probably cheaper to buy in bulk.....  😉

Need Help? Let's chat.