cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answered incoming call goes to voicemail

mkarst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an issue where a call keeps going to voicemail even if I answer it. For example, when the phone rings, I pick it up, but there is silence on the other end of the line. When I hang up, I have a voicemail from the caller seconds later. It is a call from a customer support call centre, so it's not always the same caller or physical phone, but presumably it's always from the same call centre. The caller always blocks their caller ID (so it reads "private caller") and never leaves a callback number, so I can't call them back. I have to call the main support line again and request another call back, but the same process repeats itself. This does not happen with anyone else I receive calls from — even friends who also block their caller IDs.

The call centre is not on my call blocking list. I do not have DND turned on. It is very difficult to troubleshoot this problem because each call back can take up to 72 hours. This has been happening for about 6 weeks.

I'm trying to track down the source of the problem. Is it something on my phone? Is it something on the network? Or is it a problem on the caller's end?

I am running Android 12 on a Pixel 6 phone. I have had this phone and Public mobile account for a few months.

5 REPLIES 5

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@mkarst 

tried selecting  network  3G  and rebooting phone.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Sometimes calls from legitimate caller go into vmail even though you do pick them up. It looks like they expect you to answer on a first ring which is not possible in most situations.

If you can get in touch with those caller, try to test their calls - asking them to call you few times within few minutes and try to pick up call right away or wait few rings before picking it up.

mkarst

It's not a scam or a robocall. It's a call that I'm expecting. I know the type of calls that you're talking about, but it's not one of those. Could the call centre be using the same technology that scammers use and that's triggering some sort of network spam filter? No other calls (even other spam calls) behave like this one.

mkarst

It's not a scam or a robocall. It's a call that I'm expecting. I know the type of calls that you're talking about, but it's not one of those. Could the call centre be using the same technology that scammers use and that's triggering some sort of network spam filter? No other calls (even other spam calls) behave like this one.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mkarst Hi if it’s only from a certain caller this particular one sounds like a scam I would just either try to block it or disregard it , it should go away eventually If it’s happening with all calls that are incoming I would suggest you manually change  network settings to 3G

Need Help? Let's chat.