cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the Customer service phone number for public mobile?

shift_key
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

UPDATE #2:

Thank you again for your help everyone, so the last hurdle was a sim pin, which was resolved through samsung chat. I'm going to consider this problem successfully resolved I think, at least for now. Fingers crossed I don't run into any more issues regarding this!
Thanks again and take care!

------

UPDATE: hey ya'll I wanna thank you for your help thus far, and ley ya'll know the situation's changed and I think I need help on something else.

In a fit od desparation I tried to cut away the paper space around my old sim card so that it could fit into the new phone's tray... I didn't expect the card to already have a "ready poke out" thing going so now it's small enough to fit. I tried it and it Fits!
BUT NOW, it's asking for a sim network unlock pin and i'm unsure what that means. Can I find that info on my account? or would I have to talk to with a customer service rep to find out? 

Original message starts here.

I'm trying to see if my account is still "active", it says my subscription will end at the end of this month but I need to transfer my # to a new simcard because my current phone's buttons are broken. I don't know what a "subscription" means (and therefore that dosen't tell me if my account's active or not.) I just don't wanna lose my number.

The "help chat" at the side of the screen's entirely antagonizing because it ALSO isn't helpful and everywhere jsut directs me here instead of giving me a number to call. the "submit a ticket" function didn't work either.

I was really hoping things might've improved since the last time i had to come here and i'm both saddened and frustrated to see it hasn't. 😕

TL;DR : i'm trying to find answers to these questions:
1 Does a "subscription" mean that my account is active?
2. What's public mobile's phone number? if, for whatever(unacceptable) reason they don't have one, how can I speak to another HUMAN about my issue directly without waiting several hours? my situation's extremely time sensitive.

ETA: I forgot to mention this, but my old simcard does not fit into my newer phone, otherwise I would have simply moved it already.

And to the suggestions that I check to see if I can make phone calls- I don't have any way to check that, /because/ my current phone dosen't work. I can charge but the power button's broken so I can't actually make it "boot up" anymore, that's the ONLY THING stopping it from "working". Hence why i'm asking the questions i'm asking. I need a way to know if my account is active or not and a way to contact customer service.

19 REPLIES 19

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shift_key 

That's one thing samsung is great about unlocking their older (pre-2018) phones that were purchased through mobile providers. I'm happy that worked out for you.

When logging into your account you should see one of two messages at the top of the page:

• In green: "You are subscribed."
  • In red: "You are currently suspended. Make a payment to resume your service." (Or something to that affect I can't quite remember the exact wording.)

This is if you login online. The app is less obvious and constantly getting overhauled in appearance. Unless you suspend via lost/stolen you can call 611 from your phone whether or not you have active service or not. Accessing basic account info and adding vouchers does not require your 4 digit account PIN # when using the 611/IVR system.

You must be exhausted lol 👏👏 great job. 

shift_key

Thnk you for the suggestions! I've signed on multiple times but i haven't seen anything telling me whether my account is active or not, =S but i'm guessing it must be since I was able to call *611 with it and check my balance?

I was able to unlock my sim on the new phone though, so that got resolved (hence how I was able to call *611)

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@shift_key  sorry based on that message the phone is locked to previous carrier and only they can unlock it. Or the person you got it from. Without that, it won't work.

To know if the account is active, you can sign into your account and it will tell you right on the home page.

You can also call 1855 4public from another phone to check the status.  This will also require your 4 digit PIN which is for your account itself. Different from the network PIN. 

Do you have a credit card on file? If so, when was the last time it was charged? A credit card statement will have that info. Usually you have up to 90 days to make a payment before loosing number. 

If neither of these options work for you, send a message to cs agents and once you pass validation,  I'm sure they will be glad to provide you the status of your account.

shift_key

okay, i went through the process and it worked! thank you so very much!!

RavingRaven

@shift_key 

Your phone is carrier locked. But since its a Samsung you can contact Samsung chat online and they can give you the unlocking code.

Edit: https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/

shift_key

but they already factory reset it before they gave it to me

Rastin

Then you should be able to factory reset it. Google how to do it or ask the person who gave it to you and see if they remember the password

shift_key

it's a used samsung galaxy s8 😮

Rastin

Is the phone new or used and what is it?

shift_key

I did check initially and had a feeling that maybe I could "poke out" or "cut away" the sim card parts that were just the gold, but was hesitant to try it until just a few minutes ago. 

This diagram confirms my feeling though, thank you for sharing that cause I wasn't told there was a third size -that would have saved me a lot of worry and sped up the process, at least until where I am now  since i'm stuck again. this time on the phoen asking for a PIN unlock 😕

@shift_key 

have you really checked to see if the sim can be made to fit the new phone ?

sim.jpg

As you can see, the sim's are "adjustable".

Rastin

If you are unable to use your old sim then you need to get a new one amazon is the cheapest and fastest way of getting one. But if you're phone is capable of using an esim you can get one through your app and be up and working in a few min as long as you have a new phone.

As for your account being active it should be unless you stopped payment or got a new visa number and did not update it.

Also you sim would have to be about 12 to 14 years old for it not to be able to work as a nano sim the smallest of the 3 cards.

It's possible you need a large card and yours is to small it will still work you just need to get it over the pins and facing the right direction. Then your phone will work till you can get a new one.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@shift_key ETA: I forgot to mention this, but my old simcard does not fit into my newer phone, otherwise I would have simply moved it already.

Is the sim slot bigger in the new phone?  Usually it is smaller and you just remove the outer spacer/s on the card to get to the right size because the card is 3 in 1.

shift_key

thank you, I'll try this and let you know if it worked or not

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@shift_key  but I need to transfer my # to a new simcard because my current phone's buttons are broken

You just need to take the sim card out of the old phone and put it in the new phone as @Rastin said.

Neil11

You will need to contact customer service agent to fix your issue. Either via the following link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

If you are having a difficult time, then you can private message CSA:

Send a private message to CSA through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@shift_key  Public Mobile does not have a customer service phone number to contact. All contact is through chat and private messages.

See link here.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=2OhrPakuMpNZt4irir5...

Subscription just means a phone plan. It doesn't mean active or non active. 

When you sign it, it will tell you if your account is active or not. But a great way to tell, is if you can make phone calls?

If you can't, then it's not active.  You would need to make a payment to continue service.  

Once you sign into your account,  it will show your current plan and you can change to any other plans or subscription available. 

If the above link cannot work for you use this direct link to send a private message.  It's pre-addressed so just type a title and then your message in the body.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They will respond in kind. To see the response, could be 30 minutes to hours, you click on your picture upper right (bowl of noodles) and press messages.  There will be a number if there's a response.

Once you purchase a new Sim card, sign into your account, click on Profile. It will leave to manage Eversafe ID.  Then click the eye 👁 next to SIM card number to change it.

Screenshot_20240314_190040_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rastin

There is no number everything is done through ticket or private message. You only need to take your old sim out and put it in a new phone. Your account should remain active as long  as you keep paying your bill.

You cam private message them here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.