cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get free sim

canlan54c
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do i get my free sim card when signing up through the app. After selecting my plan, when I select pick up it takes me to a map to select closest store, then will not go past that screen to complete my transaction. Only offers option to purchase online.Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

canlan54c

It seems I am not the only person encountering this issue. There should be clear explicit instructions  during signup as to the process and whether or not they will reimburse if you choose to pick up...very simple. and would certainly save a lot of confusion, speculation and researching FAQ's and a  great deal of needless back and forth....definitely not a good sales pitch to recruit new customers. However, that said, thanks for your response hTideGnow.

HI @canlan54c 

we are just customers like you, we can only help so much

Look like to get free sim, pickup is not an option.

you can activate with sim shipped to you.  Or you can go ahead and buy one and ask agent to reimburse you.  They are very good and they might say yes.

or you can get an answer first by messaging them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

canlan54c

Please help; I posting this in joining pm thread and still haven't received a solution that will work. I'm just trying to complete the !?!!! signup! Please don't tell me I have to submit a ticket through the mods, I haven't even completed my signup! Thanks

Origingal post:

How do i get my free sim card when signing up through the app. After selecting my plan, when I select pick up it takes me to a map to select closest store, then will not go past that screen to complete my transaction. Only offers option to purchase online.Thanks

HI @canlan54c 

so, only shipping to you is free and not pickup from stores

you can ask agent to confirm or see if they will reimburse the cost

please message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

canlan54c

Help please?

canlan54c

yes I tried that, it's showing no sim charge but will only prompt to ship. when i select pickup it brings me back to select location again and won't go past unless I select buy sim, then it starts the plan selection all over again from the beginning. I have already wasted over an hour on this. very clunky unintutive website.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @canlan54c 

can you try to pick have it shipped to you and see if the system changes the sim cost back to $0

Need Help? Let's chat.