cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text messaging

KarenM5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I get a text telling me that I have 5 texts left (for example)  of 50 per month and yet I see that the same plan has UNLIMITED texts...What is that about?

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite : Or type an essay. Or add an emoji. Or have a setting to always do MMS out. Seems different phones and OS's can do things differently.

The complicating factor is of course then the recipient needs to receive it as an MMS.

@darlicious wrote:

@KarenM5 

If I recall correctly the $10 50/50 plan gives you a warning text when you have 10 SMS texts left. The same as when you have 10 minutes left in your plan. But you can just toggle your mobile data on and send a MMS text instead. MMS doesn't require a data plan nor does it count against data you may have add on or plan data as MMS are sent thru a separate server and are not metered.😉

If you get my meaning....keep that under your 🎩!!

My recollection testing this idea, is that one must be sure to enter something in the Subject field and the Body to force a conversion to MMS.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@KarenM5 wrote:

I get a text telling me that I have 5 texts left (for example)  of 50 per month and yet I see that the same plan has UNLIMITED texts...What is that about?

@KarenM5    Yeah, it does sound like you're on the discontinued $10 plan with only 50 outgoing texts, but unlimited incoming.  The workaround for outgoing texts has already been mentioned and that plan is definitely a keeper, unless your phone usage has drastically changed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : I thought you have been here for 11 years with 5 accounts?? Wouldn't you have known about old plans? iirc you have a plan with no texting as we learned from you with the current gifts and replying to 4911.

@KarenM5 : You don't _need_ to change your plan. If you have been getting by with what you have all this time then it would be your choice to change. Indeed, current plans may in fact give you more for less but maybe you like full speed 4G data if you have it or from the gifts over the last few years.

Hi @KarenM5  You don't need to change your plan if you think your plan suits you.  $10 is a good deal if it works for you. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nezgar 

oh ok then @KarenM5 if need to change plan to getting Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging, if needed.

and click Here link  to you know how to Change Your Plan online,

you can choose at your next plan renewal date. To change your plan.

@Anonymous until about 2018 or 2019 public mobile DID have plans with limited texting, the last of which was a $10/30 days 50 mins 50 texts plan. Customers will stay "grandfathered" on these old plans unless they explicitly choose to change to a current in-market plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KarenM5 

for public mobile all plan has Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging,
check it your plan sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

maybe you receive scam SMS
can you provide a screenshot from where do you received!!

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@KarenM5 It sounds like you are on an old no-longer-offered plan that that didn't include unlimited texting.

You can easily schedule a plan change to a currently offered version of the plan via the selfserve portal if you like. Mobile carriers never "automatically upgrade" people to a better plan - it's always up to the customer to review the plans offered and switch if they like.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@KarenM5 wrote:

@KarenM5  -

Are you questioning this because you have an unlimited texting plan, and you did not understand why you got this text? I would ignore it, if this is the case-but, it is strange if you got it.

OR,

If you are one of those older plans with limited texting than, well, you have 5 texts in your cycle.

Are you questioning why all current in-market plans from Public Mobile come with Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging and yours does not?

If so, consider changing your plan in your Self Serve account.

Note, you cannot switch back to a grandfather plan once you change to another plan.

@KarenM5 

If I recall correctly the $10 50/50 plan gives you a warning text when you have 10 SMS texts left. The same as when you have 10 minutes left in your plan. But you can just toggle your mobile data on and send a MMS text instead. MMS doesn't require a data plan nor does it count against data you may have add on or plan data as MMS are sent thru a separate server and are not metered.😉

If you get my meaning....keep that under your 🎩!!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@KarenM5 wrote:

Are you a new customer? Can you log into self service and look under Plan And Add-Ons? What plan does it say?

Need Help? Let's chat.