cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warning to community members

donbobely
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If searching for refurbished android phone stay away from Ali Express website. They send substitute items that or old and useless. They will accept returns which will cost you almost as much as original purchase and according to the post office, are aware of it and this is why they do it. BEWARE OF ALI EXPRESS.

4 REPLIES 4

donbobely
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Your absolutely right, but they {AliPay Canada Limited} are the ones that are accepting the return, not the merchant. With them, they want a tracking number and that jumps the return cost from $11 to $65. Not worth shipping back.

@donbobely 

If you have recieved an item that is not matching the description of the item you ordered and returning the item for refund is exorbitant you may have recourse thru a chargeback with your credit card.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have made purchases through Aliexpress before.  I have recommended the portal to friends and family.  Never has anyone been burnt using the portal.  We have always bought brand new phones from reputable merchants.  Aliexpress is just a shopping portal, any merchant can register with them and hawk their wares.  As always caveat emptor.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@donbobely 

Good advice.

I would go one step further and say to never, ever purchase a mobile device second hand unless it's from a reputable big name business or someone you know.

If you do, it's completely Buyer Beware.

These devices could eventually end up being blacklisted by the original owner or mobile provider if they haven't been fully paid for or are reported stolen.

Need Help? Let's chat.