cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myaccount page only displays "Forbidden A1" since activation. No much help from CS_Agent support.

podragu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am a new public mobile subscriber , transferred over few days after Christmas - lured by their great boxing day  specials.  The transfer itself went fine, including the porting of my mobile number  -  my phone works perfectly on the public mobile ( Telus)  network.  However  something happened during the new account activation process , because in spite of successful authentication on their eversafe platform ( which is confirmed also by the fact that I can use this forum) - I am unable to see my myaccount.publicmobile.ca page at all , not in any web browser on any PC I own , not on the Android app  - it just displays a blank page with a"Forbidden A1" message at the top.
I have opened a ticket with CS_Agent , as recommended on this forum,  they have responded initially and we went through the normal "clear your  browser cache, reinstall the mobile app, change password etc " routines - with no luck. This is clearly a servers side issue , not a client side.  
I am an IT professional by trade , quite versed in web based application delivery technologies  - and I made sure that I have eliminated any potential client side problems  - eq applied all their suggestions ( and more)  - just to be sure. But unfortunately they stopped there after the basic troubleshooting process  and in spite of  sending 2 more "please update" messages to CS_Agent - they have been totally silent for over a week now. 
So , I am unsure what to do next, because it seems  public mobile has  apparently ZERO customer support beyond the basic troubleshooting part  ?  I like the prices, the Telus network seems ok - but I can't  see my usage, can't see my invoices etc without being able the use their customer portal. 
Anyone has any  advice what I could do next ? How one can escalate inside their support org? 

thanks

22 REPLIES 22

JoChat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yay! I'm happy it has worked for you!! I have just got it resolved as well today speaking with an agent! I am able to access account via website and the app finally!

podragu

Dear Community ,  wanted to let you know that my issue has been finally solved!!  On Friday I  sent yet another message to CS_Agent  and this time they have answered after about 20 mins.  I got in a back and forth message exchange with a support agent that finally opened a ticket with their internal system support crew.  They asked to follow up after 3 business days which I did this morning.  Got another agent which I asked to look for my ticket ( after explaining again what my problem was - I wonder if they properly see our communication history?) . He replied back after 30 mins and ask me to "check again" after resetting all cookies etc - mentioning that the backend support "resetted" something on my account.  And  IT WORKED FINALLY , I can confirm that myaccount site is now fully functional for me. 
So TLDR:  seems @Handy1  advice of "open a ticket with CS_agent, insist, follow up, have patience, provide maximum detail" is the only/correct  recipe to solve this particular issue type.

@JoChat  if your similar issue has not yet been solved, I guess you need to follow up the same process I did. 

@podragu  That’s so strange it’s usually not that hard to get support . I wonder if the issue will fix itself on your next renewal day and start to display your account info as one would expect 

podragu

Dear community,  still no answer from CS_Agent, even after the 3rd reminder I sent on Tuesday and my problem is still present.  It is like CS_Agent is simply non-existent.  Does Public Mobile care about its customers in any way? Seriously ... @JoChat did you have any luck in getting some response back? 

podragu

Thank you @hTideGnow . Any method of escalation would be awesome.  If the CS_agents don't respond  - I really have no other idea what to do , the reason I have reached to the community.   I understand this  problem has a lower priority than someone not having mobile service,  but I have been left with no reply for over a week now.  Even "will be fixed in X days due to high ticket volume" would have  been acceptable  - but I got nothing. 

HI @podragu 

thanks for confirming.  I was asking because the A1 Forbidden would mean a different issue if service is not working

I think you have to continue working with @CS_Agent on this issue, but maybe the Community manager @J_PM can help to escalate?

podragu

As I said in my previous post : everything works ( mobile phone)  EXCEPT the my account web page .  But because of that I cannot see my bills, usage, change payment method etc.  And yes, they have been silent for over a week now in spite of sending 3 reminders. my account pagemy account pagemy communication with CS_agentmy communication with CS_agent

HI @podragu 

but your service was working fine? or you have no service?

did agent said they will escalate?

podragu

@JoChat  and I have same issue since late December.  I personally sent numerous messages to the support agents via the link you have mentioned . They replied initially  and we went through the basic client side troubleshooting with no progress - because it is most likely a provider side issue.  I have sent 3 more reminders between Jan 1st ( when I had the last message from CS_Agent ) and yesterday  - with ZERO response from their side.
So yes we are stuck in this state - mobile phone works, login works  ( we can use the forum as you can see)  but we have a blank page with the "forbidden A1" message  instead of our myaccount page.
And absolutely no replies from CS_agent. 

@JoChat 

look like there was problem with the My Account setup. But your service works?? To resolve the login issue, pleas message support agent here

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

JoChat

December 31st around 1300. I try everyday to log in to the website or the app (which I install and uninstall each time). And I get nowhere.

incorrectly chosen solution removed

podragu

No update so far. Sent another "reminder" message yesterday afternoon.  I dunno their backend systems obviously but I am IT professional and have been developing/managing  large web based systems for years.  To me it looks like a permission  or data set  error that happened during our activation process  - where a part of their system components ( the myaccount portion) has not been properly initialized due to some fault . @JoChat  do you know what day/time have you activated ( you can approximate it with when you got their "welcome to public mobile" email ? My activation happened on Dec28 , around 3pm EST. 

JoChat

Just wondering if there has been any updates? I too am experiencing the same issue as a new subscriber: that dang "forbidden a1" page. The app doesn't work for me either (keeps looping me back to login page). I too don't think it's a me problem but a them problem.

@podragu  Add to existing thread it it hasn’t been more then 48 hours 

podragu

Actually one more question if you don't mind @Handy1  - what do you think would be better  to open a new CS-Agent thread every time or add a new message to an existing thread?  During the initial debug process I have interacted with 2 Agents "Claudia" and "Rod" which both created separate threads. But on those threads I got no reply back from them since last Monday. 

podragu

Thank you for the tips @Handy1 . Will continue sending them reminders every few days then,  until hopefully someone fixes the access/or data error that most likely  happened during the activation process. 

@podragu  Yes they seem to be very busy with box week promos and existing customers trying to update to these new plans . But usually with in 2 hours although it can sometimes be 48 hours unfortunately. So just keep an eye on your community inbox and if no reply in 2 days submit another ticket . Some memebers say submit ticket every 2-4 hours but you then  risk having your ticket continually shuffled to the bottom of the queue 

podragu

Sigh , I will continue to bug them then.  Yes, I am testing every morning to see if some miracle happened and the account got fixed  - using icognito mode.  Do you have any rough idea what should I expect as response time?  Initially I got responses  within 24h, but for the past week - nada. 

@podragu  sometime yes unfortunately. Have you tried clearing webroswer  cache  and cookies . And try again incognito mode / private mode or even from another device and see if that helps at all . Sorry I see you have already . But test if nothing is working only support will be able to help 

podragu

thanks @Handy1  but I already done that, FEW times.  I have mentioned that in my post. They have replied , we did basic troubleshooting on the client side a week ago and went silent after that.  What should I do , send a message every day  now and hope for some miracle? 😀

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@podragu  You just have to work with support to get it fixed 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.