cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my last bill was wrong and I need a refund

AtefM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My last bill was wrong and I've been charged almost double the amount. I need a refund.

Thanks,

Atef

10 REPLIES 10

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You won't be able to speak to a live agent as PM support is all done online but you can  open a ticket through the Chatbot:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
(and then type: Customer Support Agent)

Or, if you are having trouble with the Chatbot try sending a private message to: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
(note: you will need to be logged into your Community account for this link to work)

CCchen

It happened to me too! Do you know how to contact a real agent? 

@AtefM 

It looks correct since PM switched everyone from the Legacy Rewards to the Points Rewards so you should have 5 points for the switch and 5 points for your 5 referrals.

There are no $2 credit for AutoPay anymore.

You now need to collect 15 points for a $15 credit off your bill…you are almost there. If your annual Loyalty is coming up. You will receive 10 points. In this case, you can redeem for the $15 credit.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@AtefM 

here's some reading for your enjoyment. Have a look to see how it will affect your account so there's no surprises next time.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Check exactly how much you paid. If it is FULL Plan price then it is NOT wrong.

No more monetary rewards, just points. So no more loyalty, autopay nor referral monthly credit.
Read trough forum what you will get now...

So is everyone else who are longer-standing customers and were on the old Legacy Reward program, @AtefM 

Did you not get any e-mails or texts from Public Mobile over the last few months explaining the upcoming changes?  They sent LOTS.

Good news, is they still have rewards, but their in points which users have to manually revert to dollars.

Bad news, is their not as valuable as before, especially the Loyalty component where one could save $60 per year after 5 years service, but now the max is $10 per year regardless of years here.

eddieO

so It's to do with the PM points change. You will be paying you full amount up front and earning new points at a slower rate. Once you have banked at least 15 points you can redeem them towards a $15 bill credit but it must be applied manually, it won't happen automatically as it did before. There is no opting out of the new points system.

AtefM

I was paying $8.88 and now $16.65

Thanks,

Atef

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @AtefM 

Before you go further, please contact your bank or credit card company to confirm that the fee is actually a double charge and not a pending charge. Those two are often confused. If you find out there was a double charge, please create a ticket.

If I may ask. What were you paying before and what was the charge now?

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1717970582889.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

eddieO

The increase is likely due to the new Public Points system in which everyone is now on. With this change all customers will pay the full amount up front, the $2 auto pay discount has been replaced with 5% Points-Back from every payment (less taxes), the monthly loyalty discount is now replaced with 10 points given once a year on your anniversary. You can earn extra points with the Refer-a-Friend and with Give Back (from 1 point up to 20 points by contributing in the Public Mobile Community).  Public Points can be redeemed towards a $15 bill credit (requires 15 points), or for ad-ons like international long distance minutes, more data, etc (starting at 5 points and up). The $15 bill credits will not happen automatically, you’ll need to redeem your points in your account manually add them for your next bill. There is no opt-out option for the new points system.

As some of our experts have shared, depending on which plan you are currently on there may be opportunities for changing to better cheaper plans to help offset the increase. For example, if you are on the $25 plan, there is now a $19 plan with 1GB data, pretty much the same as the old $25 plan but with faster 4G speed and you save $6. Customers that are currently on the $15 plan do not have any cheaper plan options to move to and will need to accumulate points until reaching 15 for the bill credit of $15.
To change plans login to “My Account” and use “Change on Renewal” to schedule a plan change.
More information about the rewards system migration:

Moving to Public Points | Help Article | Public Mobile

Overview of Public Points:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.