cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t send SMS/ MMS and no data

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just when I was very happy with my new PM plan and thought it worked flawless but I was very wrong. It turns out it worked great only on wifi iMessaging and WiFI internet. Tried to sent text when not on WIFI and it showed in green and trying but eventually didn’t sent. Tried to go on a web site by data and again nothing. When back on WIFI checked my account page and it showed I had data and my account was active. WHAT GIVES????

UPDATE It was not PM fault but the IOS BETA update - if you want instructions on how to revert from a Beta to a current iOS see the following.

(1) Connect your phone to your computer.

(2) quickly press and release the volume UP button.

(3) quickly press and release the volume down button.

(4) press and hold the side button until the recovery screen shows up on your computer .

(5) Press RESTORE and not update and wait until it fully restores the phone to the latest current . iOS 

7 REPLIES 7

Wayworn

All is back to normal --- the following may help others on how to revert back to an iOS from a beta version.

(1) Connect your phone to your computer.

(2) quickly press and release the volume UP button.

(3) quickly press and release the volume down button.

(4) press and hold the side button until the recovery screen shows up on your computer .

(5) Press RESTORE and not update and wait until it fully restores the phone to the latest current . iOS 

Wayworn

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse my iPhone seems to be bricked -Now when I try to login the screen shows iPhone unavailable and it suggests that I connect it to my MacBook and log in with  iCloud but it won't connect to my computer. Going to call apple once I figure out how to do it without a phone.

@Wayworn  You probably need Apple support since ios18 is beta.

Wayworn

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@Wayworn  The way to get a new esim is to log in to your account on the Public Mobile app on the phone and then "purchase" esim (it should be free if you had one before).   You should be able to log in since you can get the code by email.

Things are getting worse --- I completely reset my iPhone 12 - then it asked to connect to my MacBook - on my MacBook a message showed that the software is not compatible with the iOS on my phone and to update - when I click update it shows " update not available" -------wow ....... I think a dumb phone would be so much less frustrating. I now love apple so much less.

@Wayworn  The way to get a new esim is to log in to your account on the Public Mobile app on the phone and then "purchase" esim (it should be free if you had one before).   You should be able to log in since you can get the code by email.

Wayworn

@Dunkman wrote:

@Wayworn 

Which phone do you have?  Looks like an iPhone.  Is talk working?  incoming texts?  data?

Might want to try a reboot of phone.  Network reset of phone (this will erase your Wifi passwords)

Have done all that --- I think the problem is that I upgraded to iOS beta 18 ---- I though that if I had problems I could just erase my phone and go back to iOS 17 but in iOS 18 it doesn't give me the option to keep my E-Sim.ALSO while going through the settings noticed that there is no VPN and no option to renew - that section is greyed  out. I'm using my MacBook now and only able to login to my account by email.  What a mess .   Do you know if I wipe my phone how to get a new e-sim? I don't want to lose my phone number. --------------Also just tried to connect my phone to my MacBook and it states that my phone can not connect because I software update is required in order to connect to the phone - but I don't also want to mess up my computer. What a mess - never again will I try Beta updates.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Wayworn 

Which phone do you have?  Looks like an iPhone.  Is talk working?  incoming texts?  data?

Might want to try a reboot of phone.  Network reset of phone (this will erase your Wifi passwords)

Need Help? Let's chat.