cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty discounts disappeared and am now being charged extra

Sean_977
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Normally my bill is 22.05 per month.  However now this month I was charged $26.25.  I have not changed my plan.  I have unliimted calling with 1GB data.  Can anyone please refund the 4.20, and fix it so this doesn't happen in future months?  Not sure if somehow my loyalty discount got removed.  Cheers.

11 REPLIES 11

HI @ctrl_alt_del 

they agree and you give up?  so, you should not blame PM for not helping

you won't loss your addon if you are talking about the Christmas one.  the only one you will loss is your 150 days loyalty data.  

ctrl_alt_del
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

They may be following their rules in that certain offers are specifically for new activations, but many providers will accommodate current subscribers and give the same offer to them. Even PM will do it---it just depends on whether the rep wants to go the extra mile or not.

I asked to have my current $15 plan that only had 100 minutes changed to the existing one for new activations which included unlimited minutes. The rep went to their manager and was willing to do it for me, but I didn't take up their offer because they could not guarantee that I wouldn't lose any of my add-ons. So it is possible to switch current subscribers to plans that are not targeted to them. It just depends on the rep you happen to deal with and whether they are willing to do more than just "follow the rule".

HI @ctrl_alt_del 

that is not terrible customer service or not, they are just following the rule.   The $21-3GB plan is a new activation only plans.  All carriers have some plans that are good for new activations only but not current subscribers, nothing new

ctrl_alt_del
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

wow, that's terrible customer service for refusing to switch you to a plan that already exists.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sean_977 

You should seriously consider switching upon renewal from your current $25 plan to the $19 4G 1GB plan, while it is available. It would put you financially ahead compared to the old rewards/old $25 plan. (Remember that you will get 5% and 10 points on your anniversary in addition to the $6 lower price and faster 4G speed).

I tried to ask PM to switch me to the $21 3GB plan but they refused. Good luck.

@Sean_977 wrote:

Okay, how do I ask support?  Do I ask here, or is there a phone number I need to call?  Thanks

There is no phone nubmer to call.  Customer support agents can be contacted by clicking on the chatbot icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.  A ticket can be opened from there. 

@Sean_977   No phone number, just submit a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page.

Sean_977

Okay, how do I ask support?  Do I ask here, or is there a phone number I need to call?  Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sean_977 , the only plans that you can select are the in market plans that you see in the subscriptions and add-on tab in the online account.  There are a lot of promotions that are targeted.  You can certainly ask support if they will give it to you but you are really swimming against a strong current asking for a lower priced plan that what you currently have.  Personally I would not waste my own time or their time with asking.  

Sean_977

I would prefer to have the 6GB 4G speed plan for $21/month.  Is it please possible for someone to put me on that instead?  I don't see it in the options, but others have had success asking nicely.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sean_977 , the legacy rewards program has been discontinued.  All customers are on the new points rewards program.  Don't expect any refunds.  It looks like you are on the $25/1GB plan.  The new version of this plan is only $19.  I suggest you sign up for the new plan and have it take effect on the next renewal.  This will more than offset the lost rewards. 

Need Help? Let's chat.