cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropped calls "timed out"

Amber75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am repeatedly having calls dropped after about 5 minutes with a message saying that my session has timed out. What is going on? Is this being fixed? I thought it might just be my phone, but it's happened to my family members as well.

12 REPLIES 12

Amped
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can add Saskatchewan to that list.  I've also read reports of people in Manitoba having dropped calls.

Amped
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Don't bother switching it to 3g!  I tried that a couple weeks ago and it still dropped calls.  It's not a signal quality issue, so 3g vs LTE won't fix it.

magical1

From what I understand re-provisioning doesn't seem to do anything is a SNAKE OIL SOLUTION. It's a network issue period.  I had a few days of good calling and now it's back to the same disconnection crapola.  

@anotheran  Without VoLTE your phone would be using 3G for voice calls anyway, so setting it to only connect to 3G would do the same thing, but the downside is if you want to be using data much you'll probably want to switch it back to 5G/LTE then.  

anotheran

Yup, realized that after 15min of fiddling around and looking up on google. Really sucks. 

@anotheran  You can't turn VoLTE off (unless your phone has a toggle for it which many on PM don't) but you can set your phone to only use 3G instead.

anotheran

I've been having that problem on and off for months. Was trying to find a way to turn off call over lte

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

A neighbour was telling me the other day about constant dropped calls but they're not on a Telus company carrier but a Bell flanker.  In this area I believe from tower maps that PM is running off Bell towers.  Perhaps it is not something entirely within Telus's control?   

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My brother lives in southern Ontario (near Kitchener) and was on an important call today when it dropped around 3 minutes in.

@will13am wrote:

@Amber75 , it looks like the dropped call big is making another appearance.  I have seen a number of reports in the community today.  This problem was pretty rampant a week ago, seemed like it was resolved on the weekend.  What part of the country is this happening?

This is terrible. While the emphasis may be more on texting and data these days, calling is the feature of these these three that has been offered the longest.  I would have thought that carriers would have all but perfected the aspect of the service by now.  I can only hope that Public Mobile finally fixes this.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Amber75 , it looks like the dropped call big is making another appearance.  I have seen a number of reports in the community today.  This problem was pretty rampant a week ago, seemed like it was resolved on the weekend.  What part of the country is this happening?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Amber75 

several people have similar comments recently. Seems to be mostly in Ontario but some in northern BC too. You could message Customer Support to ask if your plan needs to be re-provisioned. Click that little orange ball on lower right side of page to start the process. Good luck and let us know if anything helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.