cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing subscription

kibble1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I currently have the 100 minutes for 15/month plan and want to change to the new 15/month unlimited plan. They want to know my sim card # and will probably want to give me a new phone number that I will then have to change back to my current phone number  there must be a way to change plans without going through all that?

13 REPLIES 13

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Telus yearly plan is good for at least the first year, they may change the price in the second year., but most likely they will honor the price for the full two year. It’s the cheapest unlimited calls and texts plan in the market.

@Meow  I was looking at the conditions for an internet service today and they had an interesting way of covering themselves for a price increase.  The basic price was not guaranteed but the amount of discount was, so they could increase the plan rate but you'd still get your discount on whatever they increased it to (and it wasn't a percentage but a fixed $ amount)  lol!  

@Phil_Adelphus 

You are quite correct.
Well, some people like to jump from provider to provider to get better deal. Same as with Internet providers.
I kind of like to stick with one company until it REALLY pisses me off...

But see what note#10 has: Bonus features may fall off upon rate plan change.
What does it mean? $100/year is not guaranteed? They change an offer and you lose unlimited stuff?

Why do I need a lawyer to decipher all those small prints??? Ha, ha, ha... PM is not perfect but it is clear how it works. Now if they could iron off all bugs and glitches it will be decent company. Still people have payment and CC update issues. I got my CC renewed card. After next PM plan renewal will see how CC data update goes...

@Meow   Right, but it's unlimited for the first two years before reverting to 400 + 400 (see the note underneath the plan), so it will appeal to some who don't mind being locked in for a long term and hoping that something better will come along in a couple of years.   

@Phil_Adelphus 

Thanks. I saw that but it cannot be compared with PM $15 UNLIMITED plan!

$100 plan has limit of 400 minutes/sms which make it LIMITED so no compare no matter how much it cost. Still PM has better $15 paln.

@Meow   Here it is, unlimited for two years then reverts to 400 mins and 400 texts

https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/prepaid/plans 

Please provide link to that plan as I am not able to find in on Telus site.

There is NO such plan for unlimited calls/text for a year for $100!

Rastin

There a better plan from telus for 100$ upfront a year for 2years unlimited talk and text cheaper then the 15$ around 8.30 a month. No pictures in text though

EB0

To keep your number and get a new activation plan like $15 unlimited calls and SMSs, you need to port out to another provider, then port back in as a new customer.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@kibble1  If you want unlimited you could switch to the $19 plan which has 1GB of data as well.  It's a little more expensive but gets you the unlimited calling plus some data while the new $15 plan has zero data.

AK32

Is this plan being offered to you? or did you see it being offered to new activations only?
If it is being offered to you, you dont have to change your phone number or anything. Everything stays the same except your plan when you select to change it. If it is being offered to new activations only, you have 2 options. 

1) close your account and open a new account with a new number to get the new activation deal.
2) message a customer service agent and kindly ask them if they will apply the new plan to your existing account, they dont have to do this, but it is possible and up to their discretion (i had it done for my account). 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

This $15 plan with unlimited calls is available ONLY for NEW subscribers.

If you want it then you would need to open completely new account: new SIM, new number, new email.
You will lose current your number, points, etc.

You can ask agent if they are willing to switch you to $15 unlimited from your $15 100min. plan. You never know, they might switch you as good will. I would like that plan too so let us know how it goes...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@kibble1 

the new plan is on your My Account.  Login My Account, click Change Subscription, and choose $15 new plan

and yes, you keep the same sim card, and phone number 

Need Help? Let's chat.