cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacnMar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just wondering, is the "points" reward system going to become obligatory for all clients or will one be able to opt out? So far, I have not been required to change from my current rewards base and I would not really care to do so.

4 REPLIES 4

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Carcioni1, you definitely have reason to be upset with PMs forced points system change. I noticed in your post that you are on the $25 per month plan which I believe is 1 GB on 3G speeds. One way for you to get back what you lost in discounts is to switch to the newer $19 per month plan that offers the same 1 GB of data but at a faster 4G LTE speed saving you $6

Carcioni1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm going to suggest that the whole 'points' idea was ill thought out, and smacks of a marketing team that is not in touch with the customer base. I've been a PM customer for about five years. I manage at least five separate phones plans for various family members and friends. 

I had no problem with the previous loyalty/payment processes, and yet no one ever asked if we wanted it changed. So here we are.  A 'loyalty' points plan that severely reduces the value of being a PM customer as you need to manually 'use' the points, you don't get anywhere near the value on a month to month basis ($12.00/mth became $25/mth for one contract, and all the rest went to $25.00 too once the loyalty bonus was removed) , and I need to now access each account once a month to apply any 'points' to see the bill reduced.

I would have seriously loved being left alone on the existing contracts, and not forced to use this poorly though out program.

Now I need to shop around for a new carrier, who actually pays attention to their customer base. Ya, I know... Good luck with that. I'm just not sure why PM (Telus) deemed it nessacary to become 'just another carrier in the market'. 

Anyway, end of rant I suppose. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@MacnMar , unfortunately this will be for everyone. It will automatically be done for you,  you don't have to do anything. You cannot opt out. They will remove the loyalty and you will be charged the full amount upfront.

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

As of May 2024, PM (Public Mobile) has replaced the legacy reward program with the new Public Points program. As part of this change, all customers that were previously on the legacy rewards have been moved over to the new Public Points, they are no longer supporting both programs, there is no option to opt out.

More information about the rewards system migration:

Moving to Public Points | Help Article | Public Mobile

PM is giving legacy customers bonus data that will expire after 150 days of being added to your account, you should have received an email or text with specifics on the details. Careful not to switch your current plan to a lower valued plan or an incompatible plan (switching from one data type to another, I.e. fixed data plans and unlimited data plans) otherwise you will lose your bonus data.

Going forward, customers will pay the full amount upfront and will then be able to earn points that can be redeemed, for example, 15 points towards a $15 bill credit, or for ad-ons like international long distance minutes, more data, etc. The $15 bill credits will not happen automatically, you’ll need to manually add them for you next bill.

Overview of Public Points:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

How it Works:

With Public Points we make being a subscriber more rewarding in three simple steps.

• Earn points with your payments, reaching milestones, and referring friends.
  • Watch your Public Points rewards add up.
  • Redeem your points online or via the app to lower your payments, purchase add-ons, and more.
Need Help? Let's chat.