Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ask question

yx1997
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my previous provider is fido

I have changed to public mobile

but I called Fido, the customer service says I am still with them, I still need to pay for the bill, I am very confused, I need help

38 REPLIES 38

@yx1997 

This is the problem you face when you didn’t leave your Fido SIM in your phone and confirm you are porting over to PM within the 90 minute window.

Warning to others thinking of porting over to PM and DO NOT TAKE OUT OR THROW AWAY YOUR OLD SIM!

@yx1997 @HALIMACS  Is exactly right and if infact your Fido sim is active you can put it in right away and follow @HALIMACS @steps to port leaving Fido SIM card in phone until your receive the confirmation text from Fido @ that point you will text   yes and just leave Fido SIM card in until it no longer works so you don’t loose any messages or missed calls and remember when you do get confirmation text to text YES you only have 90 mins to do so 

edit and if you have had text and didn’t reply to the confirmation text you need to follow @walker1  steps otherwise it’s as @softech  said earlier is your best option 

OK, @yx1997 , let's try this again.

If Fido is saying you need to pay them, there's not a thing Public Mobile or anyone here can do to change that.

If your Fido service is active, and your Public Mobile service is active:

1. get your Fido account number, write it down
  2. log onto the PM self-serve site and go to Profile, from there to to Change My Number
  3. choose to port from another provider
  4. enter the phone number and account number for your Fido service
  5. put the Fido SIM card back into your device
  6. await the Port Authorization text from Fido
  7. reply "yes" to that text
  8. put your Public Mobile SIM card back in your device
  9. reboot your phone
  10. your port from Fido to Public Mobile is now complete.

@yx1997 you were given the best way to deal with porting issue.  You do need an agent to look into it and fix the issue manually.  With the porting team call center, you can discuss with them in person and sort it out. quicker, once you can talk to someone. 

Unfortunately today is public holiday and the call center could be short staffed.    😞

@yx1997 

Keep calling the phone number I sent you before and keep your Fido sim card in your phone until the port request gets completed.

Then put the PM in your phone, but not before port request is completed.

Assuming you have ported over successfully, you would still possible have one last bill to pay from old provider … can you confirm if the sim in your phone now is pm sim or Fido sim if it’s the pm sim and shows up on your friends phones as your old contact phone .. your good just pay your finally bill with fido 

Hi @yx1997 

I saw your earlier post.  You got the number to porting team?  that is the best way to deal with porting related question.   Hold on to the line, don't drop and loss your place in the queue 

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need to respond to fido's text to transfer to public mobile and have to keep fido simcard in the phone.  You can call fido again if you forgot to do it first time and they will send you another text.

If you want to contact public mobile agents try the chatbot with this link  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

@yx1997 

Keep trying to call the number I sent you before until you get through to them.

Until your port request gets completed, your still with Fido, in their eyes.

Do you have both SIM cards , what SIM card is in phone now ? , if it’s the pm sim is the number new or your old number ?

yx1997

1. I tried to call the customer number, it is impossible to get in, I have waited for 50 minutes

2. My issue is still not solved 

my previous provider Fido says that I am still with them, and I need to pay for the bill, this is wrong, I have changed to public mobile

@yx1997 

Can you share, briefly, what you have done so far to get assistance with whatever your issues are?

Have you spoken (DIRECTLY) to anyone?

Have you placed a service ticket and received a ticket# through the online ticketing process?

Have you checked your private message box on this page (see top right - is there a number over the envelope icon, signaling there is a message there to be retrieved)?

yx1997

what should I do now? only wait for the customer service by phone #?

@yx1997 unfortunately, porting support team is the quickest way you can get the porting issue sorted out.  You really need to call them and confirm what was the issue holding up the porting. Could be an issue on Fido side,  but PM support will comfirm

yx1997

?? they gave me a number to call 

yx1997

this is not helping 

yx1997

it is very hard to call it, it takes so much time to call in

yx1997

it is very hard to call it, it takes so much time to call in

how to solve my problem on website

@yx1997   you cannot in your case.again, you can open ticket but it will be longer

if you want to try open ticket:

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@yx1997 

1. did you call the number provided?   try to use someone else's phone to do so
  2. did you try to re-initiate the port (move number) as provided earlier
  3. did you try to contact the customer support agents

There is no telephone support at this mobile provider - if you feel you might need a provider with telephone support, think hard about whether moving to public mobile is the best choice for you.

@yx1997 sorry, just have to wait,   They have most access to confirm what was missing in the porting request.

You can open ticket and wait for PM reply, but the back and forth would be WAY LONGER, so, better to talk to live support with this number 

yx1997

how to solve my problem on website

yx1997

I have waited for 20 minutes but still cannot call in 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@yx1997 

Sounds like you missed the most important step in porting your old number over to PM…Leave the Fido SIM in your phone then wait for the text confirming you are porting over from Fido to PM. You have 90 minutes to reply with YES or the porting will be cancelled. This is your case so contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you.

@yx1997 wait for them to answer, it is a line that can help to resolve and sort out your issue 

yx1997

what is the quickest way to get in touch the customer service by this number? press what number

yx1997

I called the number, but it takes time to call in. 

@yx1997 

When you moved here, did you respond "YES" to the port authorization request text from Fido upon activation?   Did you input your Fido account information on the activation screen to enable a port to be initiated?

If not, to re-initiate the port, click here: https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Then make sure to place your prior provider SIM card in device, await text for port authorization, reply "YES", then replace with your newly activated Public Mobile SIM card.

Reboot your device, and you should be good to go.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@yx1997 

Did you find the phone number that I sent you?   

Call it to get the port request sorted out.

@yx1997 @When you call someone on your pm sim dose your old number from Fido appear ?

is so then you have ported properly and no longer with Fido ..and no need to worry just pay last bill with Fido 

Need Help? Let's chat.