cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have run out of mins. Can't dial out..

Earwax
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This keeps happening.  Normally I can change provider from auto to manual and it starts working.   Not this time.   I'm trying to call my dad and it says I have no mins..

Not sure why it says this and my plan is unlimited.   

9 REPLIES 9

Earwax

This was frustrating as heck.   I made a call after restarting changing networks restarting changing carrier setting.   4g, changed back to LTE.    All I know is every freaking time I'm on the phone with my friend in London.   The call drops after 15mins...  One issue is resolved seems I have a new one.... 

@Earwax wrote:

This was the first thing I did.  Second thing was change the provider back to auto restated.   Then changed back to manual selected Public Mobile network provider then restated again.   There was no change in dialing out.  

@Earwax , if you are getting a notification that you are out of minutes, the issue is different from the ongoing dropped call problem.  I have a couple of suggestions.  Do not use manual network selection, just let the phone auto connect based on the SIM card information.  If you want to do troubleshooting by doing a network reconnection, use airplane mode toggle.  To address the calling problem, use the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the web page to initiate a support ticket and have them do an account reset.  The out of minutes problem has been reported in the community in the past and I believe account reset has been a successful solution.  

EB0
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ask your dad or anyone to call you? Can you receive calls?

Earwax

I tried but didn't work for me.  With the one and without. 

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My father has the same issue but he's on telus. For him as long as you don't put the 1 in front of the number it works fine.

Earwax

Yes I've done changing of network providers and networks.   This did not resolve the issue.

Earwax

This was the first thing I did.  Second thing was change the provider back to auto restated.   Then changed back to manual selected Public Mobile network provider then restated again.   There was no change in dialing out.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Reboot (turn phone off, wait a bit, turn it on).

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Earwax 

There have been issues with talk feature with Public mobile recently.  Public mobile is working on a fix.  

Might want to try reboot your phone.  Network reset of phone (this will erase your Wifi passwords).

You can also try to manually select either LTE or 3G network to see whether that will work.  

Or try a different location to make the call.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/NEW-Dropped-Calls/td-p/1216025

Need Help? Let's chat.