cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why public mobile service such a scam?

kien2004
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Hey, I have a terrible experience with this phone service. I purchased a physical SIM on sept 2 to be delivered to my address but till now I still have not received my sim. I had more than 30 messages back and forth with agents and all they told me that they will ship 5-7 days all over again. These service such a scam and lying to their customer. Terrible service
5 REPLIES 5

Justin21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a feeling it went to the wrong mailbox. You should contact PM they might send you a new one or reimburse you

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kien2004 

No it is not a scam. I have been on PM for about 2 years.

Some members have reported that it took about 3 weeks to arrive.

Alway better to pickup a SIM at a Telus/Koodo store right way for $10 or from Amazon for $4.99 or from Canadian Cell Supplies online for $3.99 with faster shipping time or pickup from their store if you are in the Mississauga/Oakville area.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@softech @Chalupa_Batman I don't buy that ongoing rumor that this is a Canada Post issue. Canada Post has service levels to meet, and they don't just decide to slow down PM's shipments. That's not how it works. More likely is PM prepares the shipment but doesn't hand it off to Canada Post.

@kien2004 Never buy the physical sim card from PM directly; there are many, many testimonies just like yours. Best to buy from Amazon directly, or see if you can find a local Telus, Koodo, or Mobile Klinik that has them on hand. Sorry this has been your onboarding experience, but it's certainly not a scam (they just have no idea how to fulfill!).

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I agree 100% with @softech !! You need to appreciate the fact that once the SIM card is out of the hands of Public Mobile and in the control of Canada Post, you can't lay blame on Public Mobile and call it a scam. IF you did your due diligence by going through the forums and reading up on the service BEFORE you made the SIM card purchase, you would have seen a TON... and I mean a TON of threads of everyone saying DO NOT BUY A SIM CARD FROM PUBLIC MOBILE!!! Purchase it either directly at a Telus store (call ahead first) or purchase it off of Amazon. 

With that being said, take a breath, go through the forums and see for yourself that I am speaking the truth. Then, if you have Amazon Prime, click on @softech link and make the purchase. Now, before you say you're not buying it twice, don't worry. When the one from Amazon comes, sign up with that one. And then once logged in and ready to play, myself, @softech or another customer here will give you a link to a CS Agent and once you show proof you purchased it off of Amazon and using that one, they will give you a credit for the amount you first paid to your account. 

Once again, take a breath, Public Mobile is not a scam. You should know that if you did your research. It's a great service at a great price. And with the help of a ton of customers like you here at the forums, you always have help to figure things out. I've been with PM for 5 years and the amount of money I've saved from switching from Rogers... WOW! $75 a month down to $25 with pretty much the same package except Rogers was 5GB and PM was 1GB but with a recent bonus, I'm now at 5GB. Trust me @kien2004 once you're set up and running, you'll be happy you worked it out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kien2004 

it's not a scam, many are using it without problem. The issue is just with the sim card deliver.  They use Canada post and the delivery was the issue.   

Don't want for them to ship again, buy a sim card from local Telus/Koodo store or from Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06X9ZGDWG/ and message support and ask them to reimburse you the cost, they will.

Need Help? Let's chat.