cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to purchase phone

Ranman99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I dont like to spend more that 10 minutes looking for something. I'm a user of PM for myself, my wife and my daughter but we had our own phones prior to setting up. My dad needs a phone with his service. Where do a buy a phone and subscription bundle with PM?

Cheers,

12 REPLIES 12

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What kind of phone is he looking for iphone android or maybe a dumb phone?

@slusagm wrote:

look like to use it as a "landline" as well

that's the trend, isn't it. We get a cellphone, then get rid of expensive landline.

look like to use it as a "landline" as well

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

when buying used there's definitely a risk so it's important to test all of the phones important features before handing over any money... testing calls, text, camera etc. Also helps to deal with sellers that have really good ratings/reviews

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ranman99 

here's what I bought recently for a senior relative. My relative just wanted something for talk only...this one is text capable but is complicated for texting. So far, works great.

jethro.png

Meow
Mayor / Maire

You can buy phone anywhere: kijiji, best buy, amazon, you name it.

PM does NOT sell refurbished phones anymore.

I would suggest against buying from any marketplace, many blacklisted phones.  

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ranman99 I bought a refurbished phone online from SecondCell.ca about 6 months ago and I’m very happy with my purchase. They sell both iPhone and Android and come with 1 year warranties.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Ranman99  you can purchase phones at Walmart,  online through Amazon or Facebook marketplace. 

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM does not sell phones so it's a bring your own device arrangement. The link below shows all the devices that are on Public Mobile's approved list for VoLTE which is more important if you plan to use your phone in the US. If you only using it in Canada just about any smartphone should work on 3G. To be on the safe side I would stick with something that's on the list. As for where to buy, places like BestBuy or Costco etc, but for best deals I have dealt with Facebook's Market Place but then you're dealing with individuals and not stores

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ranman99 

Public Mobile no longer sell phones

If you like a CPO phone with good price and the great warranty, check with your local Mobile Klinik stores or online at https://shop.mobileklinik.ca/ .  Mobile Klinik is also owned by Telus and their CPO are backed by a 1 year warranty

Need Help? Let's chat.