cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notification on iPhone

dbragg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

when I used Koodo, I would see a red dot with the phone icon. If I listened to the new voicemail, the dot would disappear. 
now with PM, after I listen, the dot remains. 
How can I have that go away so I know whether there’s a “not yet listened to” voicemail?

dale

11 REPLIES 11

@dbragg wrote:

Hi,

I think I need a customer service agent to  reset my voicemail service at the PM/Telus office. 
I’ve tried a dozen different suggestions from the community (including upgrading my iPhone 11 to the latest operating system, resetting network settings, turning off badges and notifications and turning them back on again) but I still can’t get normal notifications that I have a voicemail waiting.

Help!

Dale

Go to settings>Notifications>Phone> disable Badges, then enable Badges, then reboot the iPhone. I did it it works.

dbragg

Hi,

I think I need a customer service agent to  reset my voicemail service at the PM/Telus office. 
I’ve tried a dozen different suggestions from the community (including upgrading my iPhone 11 to the latest operating system, resetting network settings, turning off badges and notifications and turning them back on again) but I still can’t get normal notifications that I have a voicemail waiting.

Help!

Dale

HI @dbragg   Please try to delete all messages on the voicemail mailbox

The go back to the phone to disable badge 

Wait an hour or two

Reboot the phone

Then go back and enable the badge

check if it works

dbragg

I wish I could say it worked…

I’ve tried your suggestions and several other ones (resetting network settings, restarting the phone, going to general settings in my iPhone, and resetting the network connections there)

I EITHER get no notification (or no red dot on phone icon on home page and no red dot on voicemail icon in the Phone app) OR… I get a red dot on the phone icon and still no dot over the voicemail icon. Weird!

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@dbragg wrote:

Hi,

when I used Koodo, I would see a red dot with the phone icon. If I listened to the new voicemail, the dot would disappear. 
now with PM, after I listen, the dot remains. 
How can I have that go away so I know whether there’s a “not yet listened to” voicemail?

dale

It happened to me too. What I did was turned off the phone, then reboot the phone. As someone posted here said after update to 16.3.1 the problem fixed, but I didn't try it yet, though my iPhone is update to 16.3.1.

@dbragg 

Are you referring to the text icon with the notification of a voice message and the phone icon indicating to retrieve a voicemail?

Depending on the model of iPhone, check for latest update and do a hard reboot by pressing to volume up then volume down and hold the power button and slide to power off.

dbragg

I appreciate the I nput from different numbers. Unfortunately, after trying several of the suggestions, nothing seems to have changed.

Just to clarify, when I go into the Phone app, the voicemail icon at the bottom right doesn’t have the red dots suggesting that there is an unlistened voicemail.

But on my home screen, the green phone icon has a red dot (which usually leads me to go into the phone app to check my voicemail)

RCO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

On the old Iphone I use I sometimes use the option to

# to keep a message new/fresh

Is it possible you you may have hit wrong key

There may be a message still there

I know thats not a good explain but the # sign keeps the red dot

Like the message has never been played

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @dbragg 

make sure all voicemail are deleted, 

Then try to click Reset all network 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dbragg  When I updated my iPhone to 16.3.1 it helped fix it for me 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dbragg 

try this

Go to Settings > Notifications> Phone> there,  turn OFF Badge App button., The red dot should disappear now

Now, check if the voicemail is working. Call yourself from another phone and leave a message

Then call voicemail and delete your message.

Go back to Settings > Notifications> Phone> there, turn ON Badge App button.

See the the red dot now works and disappears as expected

Need Help? Let's chat.