cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE still not enabled on my account

alackraj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • Hello,

I am just curious as to when VOLTE will be enabled on my account. My friend joined public mobile shortly after I did but before new customers were automatically pushed over to VOLTE and he has VOLTE access. We both have the same phone so I know its not a hardware issue. 

8 REPLIES 8

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @alackraj and what phone do you have? you checked the VoLTE compatible list yet?

@Kristowhy wrote:

@alackraj which phone model do you use and are referring to?

You could try to reset your voicemail PIN and then restart your phone to see if that triggers things.  This has been suggested in the Koodo prepaid community.  If that fails you could submit a support ticket.

@will13am I cannot say for certain either if the VoLTE roll-out is done yet but what I have read is that even Koodo Postpaid customers have issues with VoLTE not being enabled when they sign up or after they change phones and contact with support is necessary for the option to be turned back on and enabled in the user's self serve account.   The prepaid platforms were very glitchy even before the VoLTE roll-out. 

As I said, it is just hunch that VoLTE rollout is done because it would be tempting fate to move forward with that while rolling out the major changes to the brand.  I am aware that Telus seems to struggle with VoLTE in general, more so than the competition.  One of my phones lost VoLTE and has never recovered it.  The phone was whitelisted but no longer.  

@umnikke8 wrote:

It may already have been enabled for you. I didn't receive any notification and there is no setting on my phone that indicates its available, but it is working for my account. The only way to tell is to make a call and see if the phone remains connected to LTE and doesn't drop to 3G.

Generally, this is the way positively confirm a VoLTE call. 

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@alackraj which phone model do you use and are referring to?

You could try to reset your voicemail PIN and then restart your phone to see if that triggers things.  This has been suggested in the Koodo prepaid community.  If that fails you could submit a support ticket.

@will13am I cannot say for certain either if the VoLTE roll-out is done yet but what I have read is that even Koodo Postpaid customers have issues with VoLTE not being enabled when they sign up or after they change phones and contact with support is necessary for the option to be turned back on and enabled in the user's self serve account.   The prepaid platforms were very glitchy even before the VoLTE roll-out. 

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It may already have been enabled for you. I didn't receive any notification and there is no setting on my phone that indicates its available, but it is working for my account. The only way to tell is to make a call and see if the phone remains connected to LTE and doesn't drop to 3G.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@alackraj , while we do not know for sure because there has been no announcement as such, but I am going to stick my neck out and say the roll out is probably complete by now.  Being able to use VoLTE requires both having the feature enabled at the account level and a device that is VoLTE capable as determined by the whitelisted phones.  If is worthwhile to check if your phone is VoLTE compatible using the checker in the link below.

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/how-to-use-volte

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@alackraj   People who joined after Feb 22 will have VoLTE enabled with the activation

for older customers, PM will enable them slowly.  Did you get a text from PM about your VoLTE being enabled?  And what phone you are using?  Even it is enabled, your phone has to be on the VoLTE list to work

Please message support to confirm if your account is VoLTE enabled

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@alackraj  It been said it will be rolled out to the rest of us eventually but you can try to contact support and ask them to put it on for you if your planning a trip 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

Need Help? Let's chat.