cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE not set up on new 4G plan

Hanna_Walker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched onto new Samsung S24 phone and new public mobile 4G plan for Canada and US. VOLTE not enabled. How do I get it set up?

5 REPLIES 5

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Hanna_Walker  The S23 is on the PM VoLTE list so one would assume the S24 should be covered also. There isn't necessarily a toggle for it since it should be automatically enabled.  If you've done the previously mentioned tests and it seems not to be working open a ticket at the chat icon bottom right of this page.  Make sure your phone is not set to 3G only.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Hanna_Walker , on the phone dialer call @*#*#4636#*#* to bring up a hidden menu.  Select phone information, IMS service status.  If you see IMS service registered and VoLTE available, then your calls should run on 4G.  If IMS service is not registered and VoLTE unavailable, it is likely your device is not on the VoLTE whitelist.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Hanna_Walker 

1. VoLTE is voice calls over a 4G LTE network.

Choose Next to see instructions on how to enable/disable VoLTE.

Note: In order to use VoLTE, make sure your Samsung Galaxy S24 is updated to Android 7.0 (Nougat) or above.

2. Go to the Start screen. To open the menu, swipe up on the screen.

3. Choose Settings.

4. Scroll down. Choose Connections.

5. Choose Mobile networks.

6. Enable 4G call SIM 1.

7. VoLTE has been activated. Return to the Start screen.

Never hurts to reboot the phone after doing anything in the settings. 🙂 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Hanna_Walker  It should be enabled on your account already , here’s how you can test it . Turn off wifi and set phone to 4G/LTE now make a phone call does the phone stay on LTE or drop to 3G if it stayed on LTE voLTE is enabled if it droops to 3G then it’s not enabled 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

At PM only SOME phones are VoLTE enabled and can use it. There should be a list of eligible VoLTE phones at PM site so if your phone is not on the list you will not be able to use VoLTE even though your phone 'has it'.

My S10 as per specs HAS VoLTE but PM did not enable it so I cannot use it.

Need Help? Let's chat.