cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE Activation?

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For those of us who activated before Feb 23, 2023 do you have to message an agent to switch you over to VOLTE or are they actively doing this automatically? If PM is doing this automatically how is the customer notified and what is the timeline we are looking at?

11 REPLIES 11

Correct. No volte for you. Or me. Even though my phone can do volte with another provider. Stupid Telus and their stupid device-filtering whitelist.

Hollister

@dust2dust 

It changed to UMTS. So that means my account has not been switched over to VOLTE by PM?

No. Keeping that screen "open", call 611 or something. Does that line change to UMTS? But if you don't see any mention of IMS in that screen then you don't have volte.

Hollister

@dust2dust 

I have an Android phone that is not VOLTE supported ….it is not on the list that PM published.

When I look at my sim status it says:

Mobile voice network type
LTE

Does this mean that my “account” has been enabled for VOLTE, even though not supported by my phone?

@Hollister 

if using iPhone...go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice & Data (LTE) . Turn off wifi and try making a call...if the phone stays on LTE or Volte, you're good. If it drops to 3g..not so much.

@umnikke8- The sim card status screen on an Android will tell you if you are on volte. I'm not sure of a definitive method on iphone other than maybe if the toggle is there and on that that's that.

umnikke8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I didn't get any notification when VoLTE was enabled on my account, it just silently started working. Nor is there is any indication or setting on my phone that says its active, just calls stay on LTE.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Hollister 

I asked for them to turn volte ON on our account in preparation for a planned trip to USA. They turned ON wife's iPhone SE 2020, but won't turn ON my iPhone SE 2016 (which is volte ready)...so not all cell phones will be turned ON.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Check your phone if that option is activated and switch it on if you want/need.
I doubt PM will notify customers when VoLTE becomes active on their account.

I still do not see VoLTE option on my phone assuming PM did not activated it on my account...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Hollister   you should have got a text from PM saying your profile is now VoLTE enabled

But at the same time, i also got a message saying your phone is not compatible  😞

I got those messages.. less than 2 weeks after Feb 23, I think

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Hollister wrote:

For those of us who activated before Feb 23, 2023 do you have to message an agent to switch you over to VOLTE or are they actively doing this automatically? If PM is doing this automatically how is the customer notified and what is the timeline we are looking at?

I got message from PM that my device is support VoLTE. And I turn LTE on iPhone 8 Plus. There's only LTE on iPhone 8 plus.

Need Help? Let's chat.