cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us calling and texting plans

Bungy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The conditions state that I must have a roving plan, what’s this?

18 REPLIES 18

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bungy You need to have active plan with PM and buy US roaming add-on for using the service in US.

Else you can buy a separate SIM in US and use it and if you want to continue with PM then you can change your plan to $15 and renew every 80-85 days to keep the rewards and account active( after 30 days it ll be suspended but not disabled)

@dabr 

Good point. While I briefly mentioned it I didn't actually consider the possibility that the OP could have that plan.

See...you are on fire today!!🔥🔥🔥

@Bungy 

Check in your self serve under your plan details although I do recall that the US roaming bit may no longer be mentioned but is still included in that plan.

It was offered from late July 2019 til it was announced on November 11th 2019 with a mere 8 hours notice that it was the last day you could switch to or schedule a plan change on next renewal to the $60/US/Canada roaming plan. The plan details to the best of my recollection are:

• Unlimited calling and international SMS/MMS texting in the US and Canada
  • 8.5gb ( w/autopay) of data in Canada
  • 2gb of US roaming data

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Bungy wrote:

Then why pay extra for a Can/US plan if it's only good in Cabada? Doesn't make sense.

@Bungy   BTW which CAN/US plan do you have?  If you are on the one that was offered (I believe for $60) briefly around late summer 2019, also referred to as hybrid CAN/US plan, then NO you won't need to purchase the roaming add-on as that plan will work in the US.  Plus it also offered 2GB of US data too.   

Do you know which plan you're on?

@Bungy 

Pm no longer offers a Canada/US roaming plan($60). It was too good of a deal and I am sure a little collusion among the Big Three had telus kill the plan.

So customers pay $40/5gb plan or $10 more for the $50/10.5gb plan with unlimited US calling. That's why.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Bungy wrote:

Then why pay extra for a Can/US plan if it's only good in Cabada? Doesn't make sense.

@Bungy 

The roaming add-ons are exactly what their names imply: they cannot be bought as standalones, they need to be added to an existing plan, even if that plan is only good in Canada.

Either you accept that condition or you can buy a US SIM and pick up a local US plan for your use while in the US (ex. mintmobile.com offers plans starting from $15...)

@Bungy 

Did you skip the first line?

1. While you have to have an active plan to purchase and use US roaming add ons the type of plan you have does not affect the roaming add ons features.

@Bungy   are you travelling to US?  if so, you might  need a Roaming package if you want your service while in US.  You need to pay extra because you are using a 3rd party US provider and not your home provider.

if you just want to call US while you are in Canada, then you just need US Long Distance Add-ons.    All our current plans are Canada plan with free calling within Canada only

not sure if I answered your question but maybe you need to specify what you are doing

Bungy

You need active PM account/service and you have to buy U.S. add-on roaming plan. US roaming plan starts immediately so be careful when do you buy it.

US ROAMING ADD-ONS

US Roaming for 10 day packages

Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20

Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15

Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8

Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8

U.S. Data Only for 10 day packages

250MB = $10

500MB = $15

1GB = $20

Purchasing add-ons is two step process: add funds and then go back to purchase correct add-on. Make sure to purchase the add-on as close to trip date as the clock starts immediately upon buying and is limited for 10 day x 24 hour period.

@Bungy wrote:

That still doesn't answer my question. Do I need a roaming package in addition to my can/us plan? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Yes...You need an Active plan, then you can buy and use the 10 Day US Roaming add-ons while in US. Please read very detailed info provided by @darlicious 

The Can/US plan is only for use while you're in Canada.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Bungy wrote:

That still doesn't answer my question. Do I need a roaming package in addition to my can/us plan? A simple yes or no will suffice.

@Bungy   Yes you do need roaming add-on for use in the US in addition to having an active domestic plan.

Edit:  @Bungy   Your CAN/US plan can only be used for making calls to the US whilst you're in Canada, hence the need for US roaming add-on.

Bungy

@Bungy 

Here's the FYI....

Spoiler

Here is some info about US roaming add ons that should help you.....

1. While you have to have an active plan to purchase and use US roaming add ons the type of plan you have does not affect the roaming add ons features.
  2. US roaming add ons start the moment you confirm and submit your purchase in your self serve account and expire 240 hours later (10 days×24 hours).
  3. You can pre-load the funds needed to purchase the add ons in your self serve account so you only have to log in, select the US roaming add on and then confirm and submit your purchase.
  4. Wait til late as possible to purchase since they are immediately valid so on free wifi at the destination airport or stopping shortly before the border at mcd's or timmy's to buy the add on while on free wifi.
  5. If you are staying longer than 10 days you must wait a minimum of 24 hours to purchase the same US roaming add on or contact the moderators to add it before the waiting period ends.
  6. If you have two US roaming add ons with a talk feature that overlap the talk feature basically gets disabled. Avoid this....but you will have to get one removed by a moderator to get your calling feature back if this happens.
  7. After purchase reboot your phone and manually select either at&t or T-mobile to get better reception. Some areas have better coverage by either provider so when travelling around the US you will be better served by choosing the provider with better signal strength by locale.
  8. You will recieve incoming texts without any US roaming add ons. Adding the fongo app and textnow app for use on wifi are good to use for a back up plan or you could call forward your pm phone # to your fongo # before you leave Canada and purchase just the US data roaming add on. Fongo also works on mobile data (1 min=0.5mb/100 min=50mb) so you could still recieve incoming pm texts, recieve incoming pm calls to your fongo #/app, outgoing calls from your fongo number and outgoing  texts from textnow for free or small fee from fongo.
  9. All US roaming add ons have either unlimted text, talk or both. Only data has limits depending on your purchase 250mb/500mb/1gb. Once the data is consumed it will just stop you could then purchase different roaming add on, wait 24 hr to buy or contact the moderator to buy the same US roaming add on again. (* except talk as previously mentioned.)

Happy travels and Stay--Safe!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bungy 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

Spoiler

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

For US Roaming 10 day packages
Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20
Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15
Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8
Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8
U.S. Data Only 10 day packages
250MB = $10
500MB = $15
1GB = $20

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, when you visit US and then Purchase it,

how To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Bungy wrote:

What you meant by "roving plan"?

do you meant this:

If you need U.S. Roaming, Long Distance or extra data added to your plan, choose one of the Add-Ons. Please note you’ll need a plan before you can add an Add-On, which will come into effect immediately after purchase.

If so, all it meant is you have to have an active PM plan , active account status, to buy Roaming add-ons

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need a US roaming add-on to make calls and text in the US.

US Roaming6

10 day packages

U.S. Talk, Text and 250 MB Data bundle: $20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle: $15
U.S. Talk Only: $8
U.S. Text Only: $8

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Bungy wrote:

Your regular Public Mobile plan won't work whilst in USA....you'd need the aforementioned 10 Day US Roaming add-on while in USA.

Load $$ into Available Funds, then click Purchase add-ons...then select the one you want. The 10 days start as soon as you buy it so I suggest you buy it right when you leave Canada or buy in US using wifi.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bungy : Where did you find this? It's called roaming. If you wish to call in/out or text out or use cell data while in the US with your PM service, you'll need to buy the 10 day roaming add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.