cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to port number from Telus

CharlesGillen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I am unable to port my number from Telus I get a notification saying phone number unable to port. I have attempted to speak to SIMon but the page will not open.

18 REPLIES 18

@CharlesGillen 

Is the TELUS number still attached to an active account? (EDIT:  apologize @CharlesGillen , you said twice it was...)

If not, customer support can (thankfully) still secure the number as it's within the TELUS group of companies.

That, however, is presuming the number originated with TELUS and wasn't previously ported there from another provider.

@CharlesGillen yes, with Chatbot, the last step about login, better to use 4 digits PIN than My Account login 

Now, monitor your inbox for PM reply and let us know how it goes 

CharlesGillen

Waiting to hear back from CS Agent in the community, chatbox won't open for some reason. Thanks!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1   It can get confusing but the reason for Koodo prepaid to go through support is that some backend services are shared by both Koodo and PM. 

I also wasn't aware of this fact when I tried to port my prepaid Koodo number over but got lucky with a Koodo technician who completed the port for me as I still hadn't opened a community account at the time.  Why PC mobile also needs support, I have no idea.

@CharlesGillen double check Credit card that see if PM only charged you once. 

and open ticket with PM support about the porting request problem. 

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

CharlesGillen

I was never able to port the number when I FIRST activated the SIM so I chose a new number. I have NOW reattempted to port the number and it STILL says it is not valid for porting. The number showing is the number I chose when I activated the SIM.

@CharlesGillen temp number?  login to My Account and check what is the number showing on the profile.  A temp number or your old number that you want to port in??

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  Right , I heard before ops 

CharlesGillen

Never got a text from porting request. Public sim is active with temp number and works.

@CharlesGillen it doesn't matter postpaid or not.  did you try to activate twice?? could be because of that 

did you put the PM sim card and you can make outgoing calls??

I will send you a number to the porting team.  Check the Community inbox for my message and call the porting team to confirm if they already have the porting request 

CharlesGillen

Post paid

CharlesGillen

Account is active

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1   It doesn't matter if it's prepaid for Telus.  That only applies for Koodo and PC Mobile.

CharlesGillen

Telus account is active, attempted to port when first activating SIM and said it was not a valid canadian number. Attempted through self service account and it states it is not valid. Never received text from Telus as it has never allowed me to try the port. It is a personal account.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@CharlesGillen @Is it Telus prepaid or post paid ?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@CharlesGillen   If you missed the transfer text request then you can phone the Telus porting # and they will ask Telus to resend the text but keep old SIM in your phone until you finish responding to the text with a YES within 90m minutes.

Check your message box top right for the Telus number.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@CharlesGillen 

is the Telus number still Active ?

Is it a personal number or a corp account ?

added

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@CharlesGillen wrote:

Hello, I am unable to port my number from Telus I get a notification saying phone number unable to port. I have attempted to speak to SIMon but the page will not open.

You need your Telus account is activate when you're porting it to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.