I am unable to make or receive calls. I have tried the following solutions:

- restart phone

- re-insert SIM

- toggle airplane mode

- toggle wireless and data

- soft reset phone (volume and power)

- verified minute balance, not used up yet

This has been ongoing for the last 2 days

None of the above have worked, I am even unable to dial voicemail.

Text and data work without issue

SOS

9 REPLIES 9

@Baus 

Check for Google app updates that's what fixed another users issue before a factory reset.

If your phone USED to work before (calls in/out) and you do not have bunch of apps and environment customization, I would do hard reset to factory default.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baus 

is not your SIM card issue ,, your device issue google it to you how how to fix it....

Baus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

G7 Thin Q appears to be up to date as can be (Dec 2020). And the SIM works in another phone (iPhone).

Baus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SIM is working in another phone (iPhone) Gy G7 Thin Q still can't make or receive calls. Factory reset next?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Baus 

Do you have a LG G7 thinq by any chance? There were other customers with this model that was having calling in and out issues.

A phone/software update helped with one user (as @darlicious already posted to try for resolution).

EDIT: @Dunkman  HAHA! 😂

@Baus 

By chance, is your phone a  LG G7 Thinq?  

A few customers with this phone have had issues with calling the last couple of days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/No-call-service-but-has-SMS-and-Da...

Either a factory reset of phone or update the Google app.  

@Baus 

If @JK8's suggestion does not fix your calling issue check and see if there is a Google update for your apps. Install and reboot.

Edit: added suggestion.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Baus 

Can you put your sim in another unlocked phone. This will help to see whether it is a phone issue vs PM account.

Need Help? Let's chat.