cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call 1-800 number with International Add On

ameliez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent 

We purchased an 300 minute international add on, as well as a US minutes add on, as we ned to call a 1-800 customer service number. We have tried the Canadian, Dominican Republic and US numbers. We are getting an error message every time we try one of the numbers.

We tried  1-900-951-676  (Spain toll free) and we tried the Canadian number 1-887-690-3774 , and the US toll free number 1-888-864-8251 , none of them are working.

This is quite time sensitive, please advise at your earliest convenience. 

13 REPLIES 13

@ameliez 

i am not sure if there was a typo on that page showing you the 1-887 number ( https://www.popularenlinea.com.do/Personas/Paginas/nosotros/Voz-del-cliente.aspx ) .  According to many sources, 1--887 is set aside for future use.  

I tried calling the US and Canada number on Google Voice, only the US one work, not the Canadian one.  But it is normal a US toll free number might not work if calling from Canada

and I am pretty sure the Canadian number showing there is wrong, unless you can called that number from other provider.  Better email or web chat with them on their site

romrumrira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Did you try on different phones yet?

ameliez

Message sent to CS, i'll update on this thread when I hear back from them.

@ameliez   Some businesses limit the areas covered by their toll free numbers so it's not always on the sending end.  If you want to raise the issue with Public Mobile customer service send a private message using this link and explaining the problem in the body of the message (which is pre-addressed to customer service agent).

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

An agent will reply at the envelope  icon top right of this page or, if no envelope, tap your avatar for Messages.

@ameliez wrote:

Why would toll free numbers not be allowed "through this service"? That does not seem like an acceptable answer.

As Oracle (@Dunkman) confirmed, some toll-free numbers are not available to call using PM service.

Why? Please ask agent for an explanation and let us all know.

ameliez

Yes, still trying to find a non toll free number, no such luck yet. 
Does anyone know why PM does not support calling toll free numbers? That seems like a huge miss. 

@ameliez The prefix 1 is for calling within the US and Canada.  The country code for Spain is 34. So that may be a factor for that one.  (Edited to say I just looked at the bank's page and they give a number with a 1 in front so I guess it is not actually calling Spain??). I don't know why the Canadian and US numbers aren't working though.  They should have a non toll-free number you can call though as @Dunkman noted.

ameliez

Thank you. 
Yes, I noted Dom Rep is not covered which is why we tried Spain (which is covered) and Canada (where we are calling from). It's a bank, I'm not sure they have non-toll free phone numbers. I'll see what I can find.

ameliez

Why would toll free numbers not be allowed "through this service"? That does not seem like an acceptable answer.

ameliez

Yes, we are calling from Canada 🙂

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ameliez 

I assume that you are calling within Canada.  Long distance add ons only work while in Canada.  Dominican Republic is not covered though in the long distance add on. 

Countries included in international long distance include: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. 

I also tried the last 2 numbers and it does not work also from my phone.  

From previous customer's experience, it seems that not all toll free numbers (Canada, US) are able to be called with PM service.  Toll free in international countries even less likely.  

Since you purchase international long distance, can you look us the other non toll free version of the phone number.  Directly call that number.  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Not all toll-free number are available through this service.

Try using free voip app to see if you can get through.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ameliez 

for clarity..are your calls to those numbers being made from Canada ?

Need Help? Let's chat.