cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US-Canada 40GB 5G plan data AFTER using up 40GB in month

Winterpeg0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone:

Have been on the plan for 3 days, everything working great. Checked by download speed at home and got about 277MBPS on 5G which is great. Question: What happens when and if I use up all of the 40GB 5Gin the month? I can't see that happening as I use WiFi for most things while in Canada. Thanks

23 REPLIES 23

Winterpeg0

Will do, I may get a chance in October as we leave them and my 30 days is up in about a week from then.👍

Wait. You mean you leave this beautiful city of Winnipeg with it's hard cold as heck winters for somewhere warmer? HAHAHA.

Anyway, if you could do us a favor though...  if there is a month you do hit the 50GB mark and it actually does have unlimited data but throttled, please feel free to let us know.

Winterpeg0

Just heard back from a real customer service agent and if you use up the data, the data STOPS. No problem for me as I am always in a home in the US with 500MBPS WiFi. The plan for me is worth it as I live there for almost 6 months in the winter ❄️ Thanks for the comments.

Winterpeg0

I tried to get support ticket to ask this question but the system, both app and browser kept giving me an error. I will try later. Thanks for everyone's comments, I won't mark any solution until someone finds out for sure what happens.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I have to say though. There are many differences of opinions here but it's great to see how the community comes together to try to help someone figure this out. 

@Chalupa_Batman   Matching up notation numbers on a plan with footnotes in fine print or whatever is quite a common practice on websites, it's certainly not just PM.  Other carriers and banks do it too from what I recall.  

Once again, I see where you ALL are coming from. The offer details is what I'm reading, not these pictures. This is just another example of miscommunication from Public Mobile. 

@Chalupa_Batman- The catchall became more noticeable when the Quebec-only plan arrived. Suddenly everybody was asking about why all plans are Quebec-only. They're not. The superscript is only indicated on the one plan. I don't think we need to alert the media just yet.
Note the differences in these plans:
dust2dust_0-1691906870902.png

I fully understand what your saying. Read my previous message though. Public Mobile can not legally put a generic disclaimer attached to every plan. It has to be specific information for that specific plan. This is how I'm reading it. As per everyone here, there seems to be different opinions. This is why we need someone to test this theory or someone from Public Mobile to step in and share some information with the folks who are vulunteering to help their forums and their customers. 

OK. If that is indeed the case, the Public Mobile needs to fix this information. They can't just generically "catchall" to every plan if it has nothing to do with the plan. Perhaps someone need to file a complaint with the CRTC for action to be taken as I believe this has been talked about many times here on the forums. 

@Chalupa_Batman   It shows the same "details" for all plans.  You have to match the notes to the numbers on the main plan info.  There's no 2 on the Canada/US plan like there is on the one beside it, as below:IMG_1988.jpeg

@Chalupa_Batman- The first image does not have that superscript though. That offer details is a generic catchall called endnotes with superscripts denoting the references made in prior screens. There's no little 2 in the first image.

KennethJAdams_0-1694112247240.pngKennethJAdams_1-1694112273403.png

It's right there my friend. Red circled and all.

@Chalupa_Batman   The $50 40GB Canada/US plan doesn't have a note 2

@Chalupa_Batman  Yes but we don’t yet know that the CAN /US plans will have unlimited data was my point . It seems for as of now they don’t . But no one on that plan has confirmed it yet 

HI @Winterpeg0  i missed you were talking about the Caada-US plan on the title

Yes, the general wisdom is that the data will stop working

Hi @Handy1 

The post below I made is directly quoted from the plan information (2) offer details. 

KennethJAdams_0-1694111499729.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Winterpeg0  it’s a little confusing with PM 5G plans up until they started offering 5G . It always meant to me it was unlimited data throttled to 512kbps . But it appears with PM if  it  doesn’t say  unlimited data in the plan description like in the non CAN /US plans  we can only assume it just stops when the plan data bucket consumed . Some other members say they will report back to us after using up the data on the last day of their cycle to use up all data and test if they still get the unlimited throttled data . 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The current thinking is that it will stop. Unless you also have data add-ons. If you would like to be the limits tester then have at it. We'd all like to hear all about it.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Data speeds reduced to a maximum of 512Kbps after your included high-speed data bucket is exhausted. Speed may vary with your device, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, applicable network management policies and other factors.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Winterpeg0 

data will just stop until next renewal or you get an expensive data add-on.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi@Winterpeg0 

if yours is the $45 for 40GB Canadian plan, then you will have unlimited data at 512Kbps after you used up the 40GB.  Not very fast, but better than none

Need Help? Let's chat.