cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US 1000 minutes not working

Kristina34
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in Canada and my spouse is in the USA with a US phone number.   I had USA long distance as a promo and when the 400 US minutes ran out I paid the $15 for 1000 US long distance minutes.  Since Feb 22, 2023 I have used 30 minutes of the 1000.  But today I cannot connect to call my spouse.  My add on is there with 970 minutes remaining.  My account is paid and active.  I have tried power cycling my phone and submitted a ticket,  but I need this to work.....

18 REPLIES 18

Kristina34

It was current information for the plan and usage .  Still works intermittently and is frustrating 

@Kristina34  you’re correct , so strange keep us posted on what support says the issues is … fingers crossed they fix it quickly for you 

Kristina34

lol.  I mentioned it to him.    hopefully that isn't it.  he can call me and we can text message without issue.

Kristina34

Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 3.43.40 PM.png

definitely have to minutes available. 

Hi @Kristina34 

it is weird other number works and just not that one 

to keep the communication before the issue is fixed, ask your spouse to get a VoiP app, like TextNow. You can him from your phone and the app will ring on his phone.  It is free

lol Maybe he put you on call block. 🙂 Or silent ring.

Kristina34

sorry hit the wrong button.  the issue is unresolved and in the hands of the CS agent that reached out to me through the ticket.

I guess we will have to use Whatsapp in the mean time.

Kristina34

100%   I troubleshoot it before submitting my comment/question and submitting my ticket 😕

Kristina34

The add on was applied to my account on Feb 20.  It worked fine until this am and we can text no issue.  He can call me no issue.

I have called a different North Carolina phone number and was able to connect no issue.

I have rebooted my phone several times today and still not able to call him.

I am waiting for a reply from a CS agent.

just frustrating as he is halfway through a 13 hour drive and I cannot connect to him.

Hi @Kristina34 

if you rebooted phone once and same, open ticket with CS agent:

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Kristina34

I bought the add on on Feb 20, when my 400 US minutes were used up.  My hubby arrived from North Carolina on Feb 22, so we were in the same household for a few days.  He is on his way back today, Feb 26, and I was calling him to see how the trip back to NC was going and couldn't get through.  He is able to call me and we can text no issue.

Kristina34

Hi, Thanks.  I can confirm that I have 968 minutes left of my 1000 US minutes add on, as I was able to call my spouse without issue up until today.  He can call me, and we can text each other.

HI @Kristina34 

And check your My Account again.  Check if the money you thought you used to purchase the addon is in fact sitting as Available Fund.  Maybe you loaded the fund and the money was never used to buy the add-on

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

What is the significance of Feb 22? Is that when you bought the add-on?

What are the chances you've been talking for over 16 hours?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Kristina34   call from Canada to US  should work

The calling out sometimes has glitch and need to wait a bit.  Try calling another US number (call some random bsuiness number from google search)

Wait 15 mins, reboot and try again

and open ticket with CS agent if that still does not work

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you managed to submit a ticket then you just have to wait until agent gets back to you.

Did you power off, wait a bit and then power on your phone or just did reboot?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kristina34   you could be checking the cached usage and hence the usage to the long distance was wrong

try login to My Account again using Incognito mode and see how much minutes left

if that still shows you have minutes left, then try to reboot yoru phone once

If nothing works , use a workaround to call your spouse in US.  Download VoIP app TextNow.  You can make calls to US for free.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kristina34  Check your add ons 

Check add-ons /mins /Data

Handy1_0-1677427410102.png

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.