cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to Activate SIM: Got Charged, No Account

glovo5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I activated the SIM online several days ago. It charged my credit card but didn't create an account and my service is still working with Koodo.

I tried to switch from Koodo to Public Mobile to save a few bucks but now I'm out $65 for nothing. The activation rep wanted me to buy a voucher to pay again, luckily I didn't. At this point I just want a refund and I'll stick to paying more for Koodo. From reading this forum it seems like Public is more complicated than I have time for. I just need to be able to automatically pay my bill each month and have phone service. I would rather backtrack on this whole thing now. Does anyone work here? Can anyone help me out, please? Right now I am paying for two services, one of them isn't even active.

6 REPLIES 6

@BKNS27 wrote:

@glovo5 

That means that porting was not completed and you are still with Koodo. Contact a CS_Agent for a refund.

@BKNS27 - why would CSA provide an refund if they could just send the request to Koodo again for the porting approval text, to port over to Public Mobile. Seems like an easy fix.

But @glovo5 you will need to connect with Public Mobile representatives to do this. @will13am provided you the link to submit a ticket to CSA. They can sort this out for you.

Were you with Koodo prepaid or postpaid? Did you leave your Koodo sim in to receive that text? It won't come to the Public sim.

Call the number on the link if you were with Koodo postpaid.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility-Services/Help-with-porting-my-number-from-Rogers/m-p/123686/high...

@glovo5 

That means that porting was not completed and you are still with Koodo. Contact a CS_Agent for a refund.

glovo5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did not receive any text from Koodo for activation and my account and SIM with Koodo are still active.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@glovo5 

You created an account once you activated your PM SIM but to complete the porting from Koodo, you need to reply to the text with YES confirming you are porting over to PM with the Koodo SIM in your phone. There is a 90 minute window for you to reply to the text or the porting will be cancelled.

It sounds like you missed this step so your Koodo account is still active and porting was not completed.

Contact Koodo to confirm your account is still active and contact a CS_Agent by submitting a ticket through SIMon Chatbot on the bottom of page or private message on the envelope icon top of page.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@glovo5 , since you don't appear to have a functional account, please use the link below to contact the CSAs.  They will help with resolving your activation issue.  Monitor your community mailbox for a response.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.