cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK calls.and texts

mrigney1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm going to England & Scotland and plan to get a prepaid SIM card while there. Will I be able to use calling or texting with my phone number?

5 REPLIES 5

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@mrigney1 

Some workarunds for you.  To receive calls, you can set Unconditional forwarding (Please note only Unconditional forwarding will work as other conditional forwarding features no longer reliable after the enabling of VoLTE). Download VoIP app TextNow, you will get to pick a Canadian phone number in the setup and you can then set Unconditional forwarding to that number. 

you can also give the new number to friends for them to call direct and text using the new number

But for text to your PM number, it is harder to forward. If you expect 2FA text for any login, better to change that to other ways of receiving them, like email or authenticator app

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@mrigney1 

When you purchase a local SIM, you will need to pick a temporary number while you are in Europe.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You will still be able to use WhatsApp, iMessage, RCS messaging over wifi/prepaid sim with data with your PM phone number, but not phone calls or SMS.

You may want to consider singing up for a free Fongo or TextNow Canadian number, and then forward your PM calls to that number before you fly out. That way you'll at least be able to receive calls on your PM number.

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't think so. Else, you may have to opt for any international plan, which can be really costly. I guess, it's better to get a SIM wherever you're going. Or keep this SIM on, in Canada, with someone, so it stays in functional mode.

Hope it helps : )

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@mrigney1  No sorry PM won’t work in England or Scotland just Canada and the US with US roaming add on . Just get your local pre paid SIM card for your trip and use it . With temporary number you get with local SIM card 

Need Help? Let's chat.