Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Login Issues: OTP, 2FA, EverSafe

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are working very hard to resolve errors some of you are facing when logging in or creating a new ID. For Eversafe ID specific issues, our agents are currently unable to support a fix. Please hang tight until we provide an update. 

In the meantime, please try the following temporary workarounds: 

1. Try clicking "resend" to get options for email, SMS and voicemail (this workaround only works if you have created your Eversafe ID)
  2.  If you are copy and pasting your code, delete the last number and type it in - the button should no longer be greyed out
  3. Some individuals facing this issue are entering incorrect e-mail and/or password: please retry your credentials or attempt a reset
  4. Updated 5.26.23 1:55PM EST:  Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

We will post as soon as we have resolved the issues. 

UPDATE workaround for password reset 6:30 PM EST: if you successfully reset your password and get a confirmation email: you can exit and ignore the OTP page, go back to log in, clicking resend if you need a new OTP. 

UPDATE: 5/25/2023 6:30 PM EST: We're working on consolidating your feedback and are prioritizing a fix. Thank you for your patience over the next short while as we iron out launch kinks as fast as possible.

Learn more about EverSafe ID

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
181 REPLIES 181

GrannyHazel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I need a code every time, It delete this app

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm now waiting to try till bugs are worked out, but how much more info is it needing?

On advice of many others years ago, I made my account info apart from payment details out of crazy symbols to avoid account stealing or sim swapping or whatever it was called

I am absolutely frigged if I'll need to remember those now 😕

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 

I only discovered that the pixel 4 had wifi calling provisioned by accident when testing for service after a Sim swap. (I had removed a suspended account's Sim card from the pixel 4 only to put it back in instead of the newly swapped Sim card and made a phone call.) While wifi calling is inconsistent and dependent on the phone number or possibly device being called or called from it can work (?!!) This was also the case with the bf's Sonim XP-8 when it was suspended for 3 days without our knowledge for non payment but continued to work for calls. The fact I was able to recieve the 2FA code by text was a surprise as I was only hoping to be able to recieve a voice call. (I don't have the voicemail set up on the account.)

I haven't tested voicemail being active beyond the 30 day cycle when self suspending via lost/stolen for quite awhile now but I certainly will be in the next week or so....if so then the voicemail option for the "resend" second 2FA code should work.

@Daniel_Evans Eversafe is the main component to the single login credentials with Community and My Account.  The EverSafe is a Telus inhouse product, Telus customers are using this too

Password restriction like no dictationary words are common to many secure system.  It is inconvenient to user but a good safety measure

Daniel_Evans

What was the purpose behind the most recent redesign and switch to eversafe? The website is less responsive than last time I logged in (also uglier IMO, but that's subjective). I also find it frustrating that now I need to create a new login and give more personal information just to pay a phone bill on an account I've had for years. What was wrong with the old website? Also, why can't I use dictionary words in my password? Random dictionary words are one of the best ways to generate a secure password that you can actually remember - as explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NjQ9b3pgIg

I'm annoyed, but I imagine it would be less annoying if I knew the reason for these changes. Thanks

@Hamburger520 

Yes part of the EverSafe setup is to receive a text to validate the phone number and you cannot do it in your case.  Please submit a ticket with agent

Click "Yes, I'm a customer", then click "Sign In", once signed in, ignore the choices and type "Contact agent"
              Then click "Contact Us", and click "My Account".  Finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗ " and you can open the ticket
2. Or if you have trouble with Chatbot, Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Hamburger520

Hi,

I lost my SIM card. I cannot login to my account, as the 2FA keeps sending code to my phone number with no option for email. Are you able to assist to change the 2FA to send to my email instead?

As I am unable to login to my previous account, I created a new account to post. I have a new SIM card. I want to suspend service from my previous lost SIM card, and transfer the old phone number to my new SIM card. Help?

@A_CX_PM 

@maximum_gatohow did you get a text message or even VM message for an account that is suspended? Should it not be ACCOUNT-dependent rather than device-dependent? Strange

@otp wrote:

... Someone's head needs to roll for this mistake. With proper testing and some forethought, it was entirely possible to learn or to imagine how existing customers would be impacted by the rollout of Eversafe.

... There will be many PM customers who have never set a voicemail password and who therefore are unable to retrieve a six digit code that might be in their voicemail box, that is if they even realise that the code would be sent there by the Send Voice Message option if their phone is offline.. That the timeout was set to two minutes makes it near impossible to retrieve from voicemail in time (notwithstanding the fact that the agent has stated it last for a longer period).

YES! They have very poor quality people to analyze the roll-out of this. THey need to be fired and replaced with quality business analysts and test managers.

As for VM, all accounts have a default PW so it can be activated before trying to receive a verification code via VM but if they never set it up, it is another learning curve.

These kinds of issues could have at least been minimized if there was an announcement of this new system so people can been prepared, by letting them know of expectations so they can pre-plan.

Their project managers and change management team has been TERRIBLE and handling all these issues. MUCH of this was avoidable!

@PBForMe1 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@PBForMe1  Indeed, there is no way to bypass that 2FA text. Mind you, that does inhibit account theft. Hopefully setting the Trust this device feature will work consistently; but it does seem to require a separate Trust for web and app login. 
No doubt we'll be getting calls from all the friends we help set up! 🙀

It doesn't really inhibit theft because now if someone steals your phone and you didn't create the EverTrust ID you're locked out of the account and can't even cancel the sim nor order a new one! Not even support can help you.... which is INSANE for a completely online provider with no phone in support. 

Not only that, you cannot access support via the forum community either, unless you are lucky enough to have your previous login still cached. Otherwise you are S.O.L. and have NO WAY to reach ANYONE for help (unless you  bookmarked the site to submit a ticket. If not, you need to be logged into the COmmunity to access the Chat Bot to submit a ticket....

SO MANY Catch-22 scenarios. PM needs to fire their business analysts and replace them (this is what I do for a living and they did a TERRIBLE job; assuming they even used them).

@softech wrote:

@PBForMe1 wrote:

I don't get a password rejection, I get to the OTP code screen but it won't give me the email option which only becomes available after you create the EverSafe ID so people without sim access are locked out. 

@PBForMe1 

... And physical access to the phone is no big deal to 99% of the customers, especially, this is an account creation step

Nope.... It IS a big deal for more than 1%... many scenarios... no physical access, account currently suspended, so no text or Voicemail,

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@A_CX_PM 

So I am helping one of my referrals access his new account. I successfully set up his eversafe ID on my tablet and logged in. I was able to set up my tablet as a trusted device and log in again without needing a 2FA code. My referral downloaded the app and proceeded to login and recieved a "email/password does not match" message. When I tried to login on my tablet I recieved the same message. Resetting the password did not work as the same message was received. Then "user locked out" message came up. How long is the lock out? What do we do if we continue to encounter the same problem?

JBD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This worked for me. Thank you so much!

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@A_CX_PM @PBForMe1 

Here's a partial workaround that worked allowing me access to a suspended account that was unable to recieve the 2FA code via SMS text or voicemail/call.

Having discovered the second hand Google pixel 4 I had purchased was a former telus phone that had been provisioned for wifi calling and for awhile it can and cannot make and recieve calls I decided to try and see if I could get the 2FA via voice call on the second 2FA code try.....I put the suspended account's Sim card in my pixel 4 and logged in.

I waited as the the first 2FA SMS text was sent out and to my great surprise I recieved the eversafe SMS text 2FA code moments later!! Once logged in and noticing the incorrect deactivation date (?!!) I logged out and promptly logged back in.

I checked the trusted device option and sent the SMS 2FA code again which was promptly recieved and entered. Once I was logged in again to the account I logged out and was able to log back in without needing a 2FA code. The trusted device option worked.

If you have access to a telus phone that has wifi calling provisioned you can try this workaround for suspended accounts. ( Note: I am a telus internet/TV subscriber....not sure if this makes a difference?)

Calling the suspended account's phone number recieved 2 separate messages from pm:

1. Originally calling from my pixel 3: "You do not have a US Roaming add on to complete this call...."
  2. Calling from my moto g7+ : "Your call cannot be completed as dialed please check the number and try your call again."

For anyone who self suspended their account via lost/stolen if this was done before midnight eastern on or before day 30 you may be able to recieve the 2FA code via voicemail. The voicemail/call option appears as an option with the second 2FA code (resend).

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

PBForMe1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@JBD wrote:

Just to confirm: So if an individual is unable to login as they have no access to SMS or Voicemail, and have not created an eversafe account yet (therefore unable to receive codes by email at this time), then this is an issue that cannot be resolved by customer support?

You can reset your password, it'll then send you a code via email and allow you to create the EverSafe ID and subsequent logins will have the EMAIL option. 

Otherwise, as of yesterday there was nothing support can do regarding this issue that's what they told me.

@JBD   It can be resolved by support, please open ticket with PM

JBD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just to confirm: So if an individual is unable to login as they have no access to SMS or Voicemail, and have not created an eversafe account yet (therefore unable to receive codes by email at this time), then this is an issue that cannot be resolved by customer support?

carsonb

I’m reposting this note from another thread about the rollout, because it specifically is an issue with EverSafe. 
This new login method is too restrictive on what it considers valid emails. It assumes TLDs cannot be longer than three letters. There are many TLDs out there, like “.social” and “.email” and these should be permitted. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

otp

No criticism towards the support people that are managing the customer fallout from this change but...

Someone's head needs to roll for this mistake. With proper testing and some forethought, it was entirely possible to learn or to imagine how existing customers would be impacted by the rollout of Eversafe. PM knows that some proportion of their customers are in the position where the account phone will not be online or will be inaccessible to the account holder. There will be many PM customers who have never set a voicemail password and who therefore are unable to retrieve a six digit code that might be in their voicemail box, that is if they even realise that the code would be sent there by the Send Voice Message option if their phone is offline.. That the timeout was set to two minutes makes it near impossible to retrieve from voicemail in time (notwithstanding the fact that the agent has stated it last for a longer period).

Customer service is very expensive to provide and is a fallback in the case where other failures are to blame. The rollout of Eversafe was an avoidable mess that has left many customers without cellular service or without access to their administrative account. That's a loss for the company and a loss for the customers.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I know I personally lock my phone down, so if it was stolen no one could access it anyway.

@PBForMe1  Hopefully we've all password protected our phones, so, theoretically, nothing is accessible. BUT, you still have no phone to receive the SMS code. There will need to a workaround to address this problem. Perhaps we'll all need a second Trusted device to insure account access. Though that's not working well for me yet. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

PBForMe1

@Luddite wrote:

@PBForMe1  Indeed, there is no way to bypass that 2FA text. Mind you, that does inhibit account theft. Hopefully setting the Trust this device feature will work consistently; but it does seem to require a separate Trust for web and app login. 

It doesn't really inhibit theft because now if someone steals your phone and you didn't create the EverTrust ID you're locked out of the account and can't even cancel the sim nor order a new one! Not even support can help you.... which is INSANE for a completely online provider with no phone in support. 

PBForMe1

@softech wrote:

@PBForMe1 wrote:

I don't get a password rejection, I get to the OTP code screen but it won't give me the email option which only becomes available after you create the EverSafe ID so people without sim access are locked out. 

@PBForMe1 

It is true, the email option is only available after the phone number is linked.

The step that need to send the phone the 2FA code because that is the actual step to link phone number ot the EverSafe id.  That step makes sense.  The system needs to assure a proper phone number is linked.  Like, what if you entered wrong number? And physical access to the phone is no big deal to 99% of the customers, especially, this is an account creation step

It makes sense if these were new accounts, but they've already been created and verified by SMS and have added additional verification options.

Like if someone lost their phone right now or their sim breaks they have no way to recover access to their account if they haven't created the EverSafe ID which is crazy since most people with autopay rarely log on until they need to do things like... replace a lost sim. 

@PBForMe1 wrote:

@PBForMe1 

It is true, the email option is only available after the phone number is linked.

The step that need to send the phone the 2FA code because that is the actual step to link phone number ot the EverSafe id.  That step makes sense.  The system needs to assure a proper phone number is linked.  Like, what if you entered wrong number? And physical access to the phone is no big deal to 99% of the customers, especially, this is an account creation step

@Luddite wrote:

@A_CX_PM  @PBForMe1  First time login rejects current password IF it doesn't meet current requirements. I found workaround is to request password reset and create valid password. Then login again and await the 2FA sms. No way to bypass that. So if you manage several accounts they need to send you the 6 digit code and you can then toggle "Trust this device" for future logins.

@Luddite , ohhhh! I got lucky then being allowed to use my previous password!
This has been a very long day! I set mine up with this new system very early this morning! As much as I complained about the new issues/changes that I am unhappy with… after all the reading I did today I was lucky I successfully got it set up correctly!

Edit: Every time I select toggle "Trust this device" for future logins“ it never saves it! It makes me enter a 2FA code at every login!

PBForMe1

@Luddite wrote:

@A_CX_PM  @PBForMe1  First time login rejects current password IF it doesn't meet current requirements. I found workaround is to request password reset and create valid password. Then login again and await the 2FA sms. No way to bypass that. So if you manage several accounts they need to send you the 6 digit code and you can then toggle "Trust this device" for future logins.

Need Help? Let's chat.