cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS selectively not working with Incoming/Outgoing iPhones

RayB234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, I have tried all the standard troubleshooting regarding MMS messaging but I am experiencing MMS issues related to iPhones with my brand new OnePlus12R running Google Messages (have tried various messaging app, all the same). 

Very specifically, I have full MMS/RCS functionality with other Android phones but I can neither send/receive, nor view/create a group chat containing iPhone users. This issue extends to MMS messaging (pictures, gifs, etc.) as I cannot use MMS with iPhone users (groups nor individuals), only SMS. 

MMS and RCS are functioning perfectly with Android groups and individuals. SMS functions with iPhones. 

In my family group chat I have 3 androids and 2 iPhones - this means I currently cannot view or receive messages from this chat (even from the android users). Attempting to recreate a group containing the two iPhones will cause all of my messages to fail to send. I can create a group chat with only Android users and I have full functionality.  

MMS functions, SMS and Mobile Data are fully functional otherwise but all MMS with iPhones are non-functional. 

I have reset the phone, cleared cache, reset/edited/added new APN, reset mobile network settings, toggled RCS on/off, toggled MMS/SMS group settings, uninstalled/reinstalled Google Messages app, recreated groups, tried APN edits including capitalizing, etc. The same settings, sim card, apps, etc. will allow full functionality on my previous phone the LG G7 Velvet. 

Any idea what may be causing this hiccup with iPhones? 

4 REPLIES 4

RayB234

Unfortunately no, no change. It's so strange it seems so specific I can't imagine it's a hardware issue. 

RayB234

Yes, the iPhones are on iOS 17, well above iPhone 8. 

The iPhones have no problem sending/receiving MMS from other phones - it is just my Android. Other Androids are able to send/receive MMS.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@RayB234 

For MMS to work on iPhone, you need to have at least iPhone 8 or higher and enable data to be able to use MMS group chat and picture.

If you have iOS 18 beta 4 there is a chance that RCS may work on your phone.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@RayB234 

if the iPhone users turn off iMessage, & ensure MMS is enabled, does that make a difference?

Need Help? Let's chat.