Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

682 REPLIES 682

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey there @niteshneela!

Welcome to Public Mobile! 😄 Normally, your account with your previous service provider automatically deactivates (and they stop charging you) when you port out your number. But you can always call just to double check 🙂 

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to send me a private message!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It should be self-implied.  The port should deactivate your previous account.

@niteshneela wrote:

Hi .. I just ported from Freedom mobile to public mobile . Port went through successfully . Incoming / outgoing / data everything works as desired . My only question is that should I inform freedom mobile that I have disconnected their service and ask them to stop billing me or is it self implied as the port went through ( New to Canada )

Hello.  No, you are not supposed to contact Freedom Mobile at all unless it is to pay your last bill.  Since your port has been complete, check to see if you Freedom sim is still working - (it should no longer work).  Assuming your Freedom Mobile sim has stopped working, they are supposed to automiatcally stop billing you for additional service.

DealHunter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

zeester

Hi there!

Can I get a moderator's help, please? I tried porting my number over from Freedom last night, and when I called Freedom this morning, I was told that the porting had failed. Let me know the information (account number etc) that you need, and I can send it to you, thanks!

@zeester, you are best to private message a MOD. I will tag @Mary_M to bring her attention to your situation but you should click on her name give all your details to her like phone number account number from previous provider and what you are currently experiencing with your service and she will get you all straightened out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

zeester

Thanks for the instructions, Shawn. 🙂

I'll send the information to Mary.

hana21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was transfering my phone # from my previous service provider to Public mobile. However I received a text from Public mobile that I provided them wrong PIN of my previous Service provider because of that the phone is not activated.  I really appreciated if any one who can suggest how to solve this problem. Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I would send a private message to @Mary_M or @Shazia_K. Send them all the details and they'll be able to help you out.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey there @hana21

I'm sorry that you were having issues with your port! I can see that my colleague Syed already took care of this for your and your port is complete. 

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.