Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Rado

You're welcome! 🙂 

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rado
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Thanks for the update @Shazia_K. I'll look out for the confirmation.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Rado

I'm sorry for the delay in responding back to you. 

We have an issue with our porting tool at the moment, can you please allow a short time? 

I will respond back to you as soon as I have your port request re-submitted and confirmed. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rado
@stonechucker I replied to the email and sent a PM via this forum hours ago. Hope I hear back soon.

@Rado, in the post just above your last one, Shazia_K asked you to resend the information via private message.

To do this, please click on her name in that message (listed in orange).  In the new window, look for send message.

The mod team doesn't have access to the email tickets - so Private Messages are the way to go in the community.

Rado
Okay, I sent you and your email support the info. Still have not heard back @Shazia_K. I need my phone today. If I knew it would be this much trouble to port a number I would have waited until the weekend.

Please advise.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Rado

Sorry to hear about this, 

I don't have access to support tickets, can you please send me a private message with

-Public Mobile SIM card #

-The phone # you are porting

-Account # with your old provider

Thanks, 

Shazia

Rado
Hello. I switched from Freedom Mobile to Public a couple of days ago. While it is nice to not have my conversations sound like they are going through a conch shell, it doesn't look like my number was ported over correctly. Incoming calls and texts are still routed to my old SIM.

@Shazia_K I was hoping one of your mod team can help. I already submitted a support ticket with my info, so please reference that for details.

Thanks

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Should only take minutes, couple hours at most.

DangitBobby

EDIT: Disregard this post!  Issue seems to have corrected itself.  I couldn't advance in the port phone number screen, but tried again and it worked. 

But I do have a question about porting a phone number from koodo to Public Mobile- how long does it take to officially change over?  I got the "Phone number change successful" message on my Public Self Serve, but the port hasn't completed just yet.

discosquirrel

Same thing happened to me!

Try calling Fido and seeing if they can do a reverse port without needing an account number from Pulic Mobile.  In my case I contacted them 3 days after my Fido account was cancelled, and they said it was too late to reverse it, so I had to create a new account with Fido and currently am waiting for a new SIM card to arrive, after which I have to activate that with a new temporary number, and THEN port it back myself from Public Mobile.

If you're like me, you currently won't have an account number until one of the PM mods can work through the queue to sort out your account, so your old number is in limbo (with PM) until then.  Looking at some of the other posts around here...it's looking like that's a 2-3 week turnaround which is ridiculous!

Nowaja

Hey,

I started online activation of Public Mobile like three weeks ago with number transfer from Fido. I'm 100% sure that I've NEVER finished the whole form and today my number was transfered and I can't use it. How is this possible? What should I do to transfer number back to FIDO?

MaxPayne79

yeah i'm trying to port my Chatr number over and it's giving me Generic Error at the Checking Eligibility page. This is the first time it's giving me this error now that i'm ready to port whereas before when checking my Chatr number this page worked fine but i wasn't ready. 😞 what's going on? 

Rockdaddy22
Keep using your old sim until you get this fixed. You'll have to contact a mod

stacy07
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi, my bf and I have transferred our old number to the public mobile. How long does it take before it works? It's been 1 week since we register our phone number. All we can do is outgoing calls but we can't receive and incoming calls nor we can't text out or receive any messages.

Rockdaddy22

rhakyr

I had ported my number on Friday from Rogers and inbound stuff still isn't coming in

Meenu
My phone is not porting over correctly. I am still receiving calls on my Fido line. It has bee almost 24 hours now. Please help.

Thanks!
Meenu

Rockdaddy22

Illusion_rl
Hey Guys,

I activated my PM sim card last night at 11pm pst. I took a chance and ported my number from Wind during activation. After 2 hours, I pop in my PM card, I can call out and text out as my old number. But i cannot receive call or text.

When I pop back my Wind card, i can still call out and receive calls and texts. As of now I am still using Wind service. How long does it take for the whole porting process to be completed. Will my wind service eventually stop working and I can fully use the PM service? Does it take take this long???

enspyer

Okay I got through.  Just a simple error on my part =D

Thank you for your help!

enspyer

I have and it still doesn't work.  I have tried with just account #, or just IMEI as well as both.

I used my old phone number for my other account, am I allowed to use this phone number twice?

Rockdaddy22
Try it without the imei

enspyer

Hello,

I am trying to port over my Rogers number and when I submit my phone number with the other required information such as account number and IMEI number, I get this error.

Sorry, we are unable to process this request. Please visit our online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance.

Is this due to the recent increase in traffic of people trying to port or am I missing something?

I have ported another Rogers number earlier using the same method and that one went through flawlessly.

Thanks,

Leo

Rockdaddy22
Did you use the pin or imei when you ported?

Anyway, it's seems you have a failed port. You'll need to contact a mod.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Tom_mah
Hi there - I ported my number from Rogers to PM on Wednesday and PM lime is active, but so is Rogers. Can make outgoing calls with PM but no inbound...rings to Rogers. Sent an email support request (on Wed) but no response back yet. Please help (and thank you)!

Rockdaddy22
It's a failed port, you'll need to contact a mod with ALL your info

Boomsly
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
My port was mostly succesful. I can connect to the PM LTE network. Some texting, incoming and outgoing work, outgoing calls work, but I cannot receive any phone calls,data also works.

I have not received the welcome to public mobile text yet that some users have said they have received.

@Jeremy_M

Rockdaddy22
I recommend some of you start your own threads, as it's easy to get lost in the shuffle.
Need Help? Let's chat.