Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @walter8299

Thank you for your patience! 

The port has now completed, can you ask your dad to power cycle his phone? 

Thank you @Rockdaddy22 :D:D

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Shaz being awesome as always 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @walter8299

Thank you for reaching out!! 

I am working on this!!! please allow just a few minutes more minutes, I will confirm once it's done 🙂 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

walter8299
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Mary_M @Shazia_K @MarieHelene_L @Simon_O

Hello Mods,

I know each and all of you are busy helping all the other members here.

Could one of you kindly look into doing the Port for My Dad from PC Mobile to Public Mobile?

I have already activated and paid the service last night, but it was instructed to have one of you do the porting?

Thanks kindly in advance.

-Walter

choding
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was a fido user and ported my phone to Public mobile.

It is very easy, First you have to know the account number of your fido phone. Second, you must match the name of user in fido and Public mobile. that's it.

I just fill the form out and click. after 30 mint, PM sent me a text which it was done for my porting.

srlawren

HI @Centreleft,

Sorry for your phone loss.  You can find directions here:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/What-do-I-do-if-my-phone-is-lost-or-stolen/...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Centreleft
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - I'm wondering if someone can help. I am trying to replace a lost phone with a Public Mobile SIM with another, new SIM card from Public Mobile. Can I simply get the new SIM and then assign the existing Public Mobile number to it?

Thanks,

CL

@Phayeser wrote:

Hi all,

I started the port from Rogers last night at 5pm Eastern time.  While I'm able to call/text out using the number, I'm unable to receive incoming calls/texts (they're still going to my Rogers SIM card).

Can anyone help with this or provide a suggestion?  I'm on call for work this week and I'm a little worried that it's going to result in missed calls.  (I also realize it was probably a poor time to complete the transition to PM 😉 )

Thanks,

Phayeser

Before porting is complete, all calls are supposed to keep going to your Rogers service.  Sure, there are sometimes strange things that incoming calls to stop working altogether, but that isn't the norm.  If there is a problem (which there appears to be for you since porting should only take a few hours for wireless to wireless number transfers), the port usually just doesn't go through at all.

If you're worried about missed calls, just keep using your Rogers sim card until it stops working.  When people call you, your calls should be routed through Rogers, at least until number porting has been completed.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Phayeser

Sorry to hear that you're having mixed service, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number and account number related to your Rogers account. 

Thanks,

Shazia

Rockdaddy22
Sounds like an incomplete port. I'd send a private message with all your info to a mod like @Shazia_K she should be able to solve this for you.

Phayeser

Hi all,

I started the port from Rogers last night at 5pm Eastern time.  While I'm able to call/text out using the number, I'm unable to receive incoming calls/texts (they're still going to my Rogers SIM card).

Can anyone help with this or provide a suggestion?  I'm on call for work this week and I'm a little worried that it's going to result in missed calls.  (I also realize it was probably a poor time to complete the transition to PM 😉 )

Thanks,

Phayeser

Rockdaddy22
Hopefully everything worked out here.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @raul99

Thanks for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to hear about your porting issue but will be glad to help you 🙂

It seems that there might have been a problem with your port. Could you please send me a private message with you phone number, as well as your previous account number with your old provider?

Thanks!

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

raul99

Hi,

I was trying to port in my rogers cell .After getting the text message " u transfer request has been completed successfully". I power off/on and try to call my cellphone , but getting " the cellular number u called is not assigned" . I can make call and text is no issue, but I can receive calls.

@Lachlan_M wrote:

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply

@Lachlan_M wrote:

@Lachlan_M wrote:

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey there @hana21

I'm sorry that you were having issues with your port! I can see that my colleague Syed already took care of this for your and your port is complete. 

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
I would send a private message to @Mary_M or @Shazia_K. Send them all the details and they'll be able to help you out.

hana21

I was transfering my phone # from my previous service provider to Public mobile. However I received a text from Public mobile that I provided them wrong PIN of my previous Service provider because of that the phone is not activated.  I really appreciated if any one who can suggest how to solve this problem. Thanks

zeester

Thanks for the instructions, Shawn. 🙂

I'll send the information to Mary.

@zeester, you are best to private message a MOD. I will tag @Mary_M to bring her attention to your situation but you should click on her name give all your details to her like phone number account number from previous provider and what you are currently experiencing with your service and she will get you all straightened out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

zeester

Hi there!

Can I get a moderator's help, please? I tried porting my number over from Freedom last night, and when I called Freedom this morning, I was told that the porting had failed. Let me know the information (account number etc) that you need, and I can send it to you, thanks!

DealHunter

@niteshneela wrote:

Hi .. I just ported from Freedom mobile to public mobile . Port went through successfully . Incoming / outgoing / data everything works as desired . My only question is that should I inform freedom mobile that I have disconnected their service and ask them to stop billing me or is it self implied as the port went through ( New to Canada )

Hello.  No, you are not supposed to contact Freedom Mobile at all unless it is to pay your last bill.  Since your port has been complete, check to see if you Freedom sim is still working - (it should no longer work).  Assuming your Freedom Mobile sim has stopped working, they are supposed to automiatcally stop billing you for additional service.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It should be self-implied.  The port should deactivate your previous account.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey there @niteshneela!

Welcome to Public Mobile! 😄 Normally, your account with your previous service provider automatically deactivates (and they stop charging you) when you port out your number. But you can always call just to double check 🙂 

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to send me a private message!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

niteshneela

Hi .. I just ported from Freedom mobile to public mobile . Port went through successfully . Incoming / outgoing / data everything works as desired . My only question is that should I inform freedom mobile that I have disconnected their service and ask them to stop billing me or is it self implied as the port went through ( New to Canada )

thank you  

srlawren

@origon please note that I think @Rockdaddy22 has nailed it here--your PM account needs to be active.  You will need to activate your desired plan and then request the port.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
I don't think you can port a number to an inactive account, I may be wrong about that.

origon

@Shazia_KI'm trying to port a number from Telus, in an area where PublicMobile offers service.

I've picked up a PublicMobile SIM, activated it with a temp number and several days of credit (just to make sure service works in my area). That service has expired and I have not renewed a plan as of yet (plan to activate a different plan once the Telus number is ported).

Whenever I try to use the porting tool (for the past week), I get "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance." after pressing 'Check Eligibility'. I'm unable to get further in the process.

srlawren

@Shazia_K to the rescue!

@Rado short term pain for long term gain!  🙂  Thanks for your patience, and welcome to Public Mobile!  

Rado
Well that was a bit of a rocky start, but everything seems to be working now! 🙂

For others switching from Freedom, make sure you give PM your whole account number (including all the zeroes up top), or better yet just your PIN.

Looking forward to being on a proper network again.
Need Help? Let's chat.