cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring phone number

Fe2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am switching from Rogers.

My account is under my dad, and he replied yes when he received the email for my number switch to public mobile.  
i had already switched my sim in my phone as I, to be honest, hadn’t read all the instructions.  I then read that I needed to leave my Rogers sim in until everything was confirmed.

I put the Rogers back in the phone and I have 

Now received the email from public mobile to welcome me, does that mean all is good and I can make the switch?  
plus how soon will I be able to recieve and make phone calls, or texts?  will there be a delay?  
(it was much easier getting my kids set up with their first phones )

8 REPLIES 8

Fe2

Thank you to all who wrote to help.  I am finally up and running.  You are a great community.  Thanks!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Fe2 

Your Rogers SIM will continue to work for another 2 hours until porting is completed. 
Once it stops working, power off the phone and switch to the PM SIM.

Fe2

This time I was able to send and receive texts.  I was also able to make a call.  Hoping it’s just finishing up everything and receiving calls will come soon.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Fe2    What happens when you put the PM SIM in your phone?  If you can make and receive calls/text, then the transfer is complete since you mention your dad did respond to the text request.

Also rebooting or toggling airplane mode on/ff is a good idea and checking that you have the correct APN settings if the phone didn't automatically do that at activation.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Fe2 

if you didn't reply yes to SMS text from Rogers then open Ticket with support Chatbot

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Fe2  Additional info on porting number 

When transferring (porting) your number to any new carrier it’s important to remember to leave the old providers SIM card in the phone until you receive the confirmation text from old carrier @that point you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text … also when going thru this process the new provider will want you old providers account number and will ask for IMEI number disregard this (IMEI) number as it has a tendency to just cos porting hiccups .. so if your ready to port to pm and already activated a SIM card you can go to your self serve serve profile tab and change /transfer (port) number this can also be done on activation but it’s advised to pick a temp number first then port 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Fe2 

importsbt thing is, do you receive incoming calls on your PM sim card.  put it back and test 

I will also message you the porting support team number, you can call and confirm.  CHECK your Community inbox for my message 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Fe2  There a number to talk to live support if it hasn’t gone thru and you missed the 90 minute window to reply send you private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.