cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too many attempts log in

Magoo4u22
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My user name and password are not working. It says too many attempts when trying to log in so I hut forgot password and changed it but that didnot work. How would I fix this or will it allow me to try logging in again after a certain  amount of timehas passed?

9 REPLIES 9

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yup. Just tried it. After typing an incorrect password a few times I got Exceeded Max login attempts.

Opening another tab and closing this one did not fix it.

Closing and re-opening the browser did. But that could also be my browser settings and habits.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Magoo4u22 

Not anymore, it was on the old PM website. The new website has cache issues.

Try clearing the cache, cookies and go incognito on your browser on a laptop or desktop computer.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Magoo4u22 wrote:

will it allow me to try logging in again after a certain  amount of timehas passed?

@Magoo4u22   you don't need to wait about an hour to clear thing up.  There is no more temporary account lock  with the current My Account.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 @HALIMACS I've received that 'too many attempts' before. I notice it usually happens when I keep the tab open on my laptop that i've accessed My Account on previously, then try to access it again in that same tab. I simply need to close the tab, then reopen a new one to log in successfully.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Try going incognito or private tab before logging in again and, if available, from a laptop or desktop device.

Maybe wait 30 minutes before trying again..

Closing the browser and clearing the cookies (or using incognito mode) fully gets around this. Waiting any amount of time after that isn't needed, at least for the Self Serve website starting to accept further login attempts.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes at this point you would need to wait about an hour to let things clear.

A test of your login credentials can be done with the chatbot. Open it and say you're a customer and then sign in.

Adding - apparently, according to a moderator, a wait is unnecessary. User esjliv also provides some useful input. See if that idea works for you. Or see if a wait is in fact still needed.

Another user decided to take this opportunity to slam my response after the same thread had this comment from that moderator. lol There's a sport.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Magoo4u22   are you using saved password from the browser?  if you are , after yo picked the saved password, DO NOT click login , the browser will automatically login and see if it works

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Try going incognito or private tab before logging in again and, if available, from a laptop or desktop device.

Maybe wait 30 minutes before trying again..

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Magoo4u22  If you changed password and still. Can’t log in get support to  help you regain access to your account 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.