cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer (Port) number from Rogers

kathc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My aunt had a landline with Rogers and wanted to move her number to a cell phone to take to long term care. Rogers claimed that they couldn't transfer the number out, so I got her a Rogers cell plan. I'd like to change that to a less expensive plan (she makes one phone call a day to my mother and they're charging her $40/month). Will I be able to transfer that to a Public Mobile account (new phone/SIM ordered today because her old flip phone isn't keeping a charge). 

5 REPLIES 5

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When you got her a Rogers cell plan - did they transfer her land line to that plan?

If it is brand new number then you should go directly to Public Mobile. For one call a day, if it is not a long one $15 PM plan will work just fine and she could always top up with $5/500 minutes (1 cent a minute) calls.

Most numbers can be ported to PM so use @darlicious  link to check the number first.

Rogers of course does NOT want to lose her as a customer so they will use any excuse to keep her with them.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kathc 

Enter the phone number here to check for portability.....

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kathc @When porting to any new carrier , both lines need to be active and you must leave old carriers SIM card in phone to receive a confirmation text to port @ that time you have 90 mins to reply YES to the confirmation text to port 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kathc   most number SHOULD be able to transfer but not all

Can you provide the area code and the 3 digits after? something like 605-828-xxxx so we can confirm for you?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes you will, @kathc 

When moving here, you just need the account number from your old provider, Rogers, and after the activation is done, reply “yes” to the port authorization request from them, and then replace with your new public mobile SIM card.

Need Help? Let's chat.