cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to a new plan

Rosie21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been a customer for many years now.  I have accumulated loyalty dollars and many referral dollars.  Just to be told I can now longer have those perks and now have to pay  the full $25 per month.  I still only have my old plan with 1 G of data, and noticed this plan now longer exists under the new structure.  When I look to change my plan to something better, the new plans are cheaper and much better data than what I currently have.  However, I cannot switch to these plans ($19 per month, 3 G of data) because they are only for new clients.  What about the old clients where all the perks have been taken away?  We don't matter?

14 REPLIES 14

@jchua 

Go to the rewards site: https://myrewards.publicmobile.ca/

Go to Catalog, choose $15 bill credit and PM will add the credit to your account within 48 hours 

jchua
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks! I found it! 

@jchua wrote:

How do you redeem that 15 points when paying your bill? I don't see a code or anything I can paste to redeem it. 

Please go log into your account using the Public Mobile app and go to the Rewards area. From there, go to Browse Catalog.

jchua

How do you redeem that 15 points when paying your bill? I don't see a code or anything I can paste to redeem it. 

hi  @Rosie21 with the $19/1GB plan, at least you get the same plan at the price you have been paying

sorry, not just Public Mobile, all carriers like to reserve some good plans for new activation. 

Rosie21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's my point. As a long-term customer, I think I should have the same options as a new client. Why should I only get one gig for $19 a month, but a new client gets three gig at $19 a month. It's not right!

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@KCda you don't need PM to help of you change to the $19 1GB plan.  Do you see that plan on Change Subscription on My Account?? just choose it, then select Change on Renewal 

KCda

I am in the same situation.  I have sent multiple private messages regarding switching to the $19 plan (with the same features for which I am currently paying $25) and with other inquiries about my account.  The replies I have received have failed to answer my questions.  It's been several weeks of back and forth and I still can't get a proper reply from a CSA, despite my multiple requests inquiring as to how to make the switch before I was billed again under my current plan.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

As Old customer you can only switch to whatever plan is available through My Account.

Other plans are available to New customers only.

You can always open a Ticket and plead your case with agent. You might be lucky and they might grant you plan you desire.
Other option is to port your number to another provider, close current account and then open new PM account with plan you like and port number back. If you care to keep your current number; if not, close account, open new one and you are done.

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rosie21, I forgot to mention that while the new points system is not as good as the old one you were on you will still keep your referral points, 5% back on what you actually pay on your bill and 10 points each year on your anniversary. Collect 15 points and you can redeem them towards a $15 bill credit (must be manually applied)

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

nothing you can do for plans that are restricted to new activation

But check your Change subscription on My Account, you should see a $19 for 1GB plan, that is the plan PM gives to $25 owner as a make up plan 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Rosie21 

$19/3GB is only for new activation, but you can change to $19/1GB plan, that is one for existing customer.  With the $19/1GB, it will get you back the $6 or $7 you lost from the change of rewards system

eddieO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rosie21 in the PM app you should be able to select the $19 1 GB plan on 4G

@Rosie21  The $25 plan has been replaced by a $19 plan with the same amount of data (1GB) but at 4G speed.  It's not advertised but you would see it when logged in to your account.  You can switch to that but make sure to "change on renewal" and not "change now" to avoid losing what you just paid.

Need Help? Let's chat.