cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Expiration Date: Nov 03, 2023

sturn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I asked a question a couple of days ago about my plan. im looking at my bank info and the money for PM account clearly came out November 2nd. Nov 3rd i got the text saying my phone bill was not auto renewed. I waited and checked again today. I still have service bats but can not use my phone outside of wifi for anything. HELP. I dont want to pay it again if i dont have too and im confused as why it came out and my service was not renewed. When i go to my payment history on PM it says there was no payment made but im looking at my bank account right now and it clearly says "PUBLIC MOBILE_V -$46.00" please help.

17 REPLIES 17

sturn

How do i go about that? i can tell the money was taken out but of course public wants proof so i think they just want my bank to deal with it. i dont have the money to reactivate my account right now from the money being taken out already. so im not sure what my next step should be.. 

@sturn 

you can always purchase a voucher or pay again to reactivate your services instead of waiting for them. if the money was indeed taken from the bank account PM will reimburse you.

sturn

Thank you!! i will do this from now on. I got an email back from someone through Public and they told me its a bank issue.. and i have  to call my bank because the money didnt go to public mobility.. thats my main problem that the money came out of my bank account. i know its only 46 dollars but as a struggling student that money was meant to pay my phone bill. But oh well, things happen

@sturn

its the autopay glitch. something during the renewal didn't process correctly. when one uses auto pay the service tends to deactivate the account and then presumes to reactivate it. when the system is unsuccessful to do so, customers typically lose various services due to a provision issue.

one way customers have been able to avoid this issue is to manually add money to the PM account a week or two before the renewal date. this forces the system to withdraw from the PM account balance instead of ones bank account, in turn, avoiding the deactivation process. I have managed my account in this manner for more than 3 years with no issues.

I was checking to make sure the $46 after tax was from the maritimes. So that at least matches. And are you supposed to have paid $40 for a renewal (maybe with rewards)? Or are you on a very different plan?
Have you started to contact support yet as given in the first reply?

sturn

my area code is 709 so newfoundland. I dont know what difference that makes though, im new to my phone not working so im not sure what to do. The payment history as stated in my main question says it there has been no recent payment. My biggest question is why it came out of my bank account but not working.. im just confused lol 

No worries @sturn 😋

If you've gone into incognito mode and it still says your account is on hold, I'd still reach out to a CS Agent to find out why since the payment did come out.

Dumb question. Have you tried to reboot your phone? Sometimes this solves a lot of problems. If not, CSA.

Having full bars doesn't mean the service is active. You could have no sim in the phone and you could get full bars. That's because a phone has to be able to call 911 regardless of a paid service.
So does your number have an area code from the maritimes? Did you look at the payment history?

sturn

Just logged in to incognito and right away it pops up "your services are on hold

Subscription Expiration Date: Nov 03, 2023. it says i have 4.00 in available funds but the money still came out of my account. If my service was working for calling and texts i wouldnt even question it. i know the bill is paid. but showing full bars but not being able to use my phone without wifi is what i dont understand

sturn

Just logged in to incognito and right away it pops up "your services are on hold

Subscription Expiration Date: Nov 03, 2023. it says i have 4.00 in available funds but the money still came out of my account. im so lost. 

sturn

sorry sorry sorry! i typed way to fast without reading it over. Yes i have full bars of service but without wifi i can not use my phone.

@Chalupa_Batman- I interpreted "bats" as a typo for bars. But agreed, no service.

@sturn- So that's $40 in the maritimes. Do you have a number with an area code in the maritimes?

"I still have service bats but can not use my phone outside of wifi for anything. "

To me this meant he didn't have service. "I still have service" and "Can not use my phone outside of wifi for anything".  So confusing. 🙂

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Confirm you r account is active!

Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

My PM charge has these words:

Yummy_0-1699198760872.png

no _V

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@sturn I think you are ok, could be just an incorrect text and browser cache problem.  Log in My Account again using Incognito mode and check the staus on Overview page and check the transaction history https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history to confirm if PM took the money and apply towards renewal

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sturn 

The website has caching issues.  Try to login into your account by first clearing cache, incognito mode or different web browser.  Or try a different device or the app itself.  

In your previous post, you mentioned that your service was working.  Are you able to talk and text?  What about data?  

You could try a reboot of phone.  Network reset of phone (this will erase any saved Wifi settings). 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I would reach out to a CS Agent to advise them money was taken out.

To contact a Customer Service Agent, please click on the following link. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to keep an eye on the top right corner where you’ll see this icon show up.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1699198346439.png

Need Help? Let's chat.