cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your services are on hold because we did not receive payment? ( auto or manual pay now?)

JONMILLS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've always had my credit card on file with public mobile and they have AUTOMATICALLY charged me every month without fail. No interruption in service.

Today for the first time i got a text that said

611 - Public Mobile Here. Your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. To resume your service, make a payment at.

So i logged into my account and sure enough under overview it says

Your services are on hold: Your services are on hold due to the expiration of your subscription. If your services are on hold for more than 90 days, your account will be closed permanently and you'll lose your phone number.

I checked and my credit is there. Date of expiry is 2026. So they shouldn't have had issue.

What is this?

Do we have to manually go in and pay? Why didn't it charge my card?

10 REPLIES 10

hi @JONMILLS autopay will fail once in awhile.  Usually wont happen again on the following month.  Best to make a manual payment first as support agent will advise the same.  And unfortunately, usually they can't confirm what went wrong.  To what we understand, the payment system is glitchy 

JONMILLS

Right. I am talking with customer support now to find out what is going on. Never had an issue in 6 years.

I also contacted my credit card company all is well with my card. They did not charge card.

You are correct. That's why we have it on file right? Set it and forget it. I myself have had the same credit card on file 5 plus years and so far knocking on wood never had any issues yet....things do happen....technology...

JONMILLS

I haven't attempted to manually do it

IM trying to figure out if im going to have to do this every month. My card is on file i shouldnt have to do this manually. I haven't had to up until today

Im checking with my credit card company to make sure there is no issue with the card. If all is good then i will do teh manual online but i bloody hope i dont have to do this every month or i will be leaving. Service has been crap over the past few years. It seems as if its getting worse.

JONMILLS

no calls arent working or internet

@JONMILLS wrote:

No its not working

and as i said i logged in and it says the service is on hold

For the manual payment that is now needed, try once.  I wouldn't suggest trying multiple times because after multiple attempts, Public Mobile will block your credit card from being used to pay.  If manual payment using your credit card fails, Public Mobile vouchers can be purchased from places such as some pharmacies, grocery stores, and gas stations.  They can also be purchased from recharge.com and muskbird.com.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@JONMILLS  sometimes these messages are sent in error.

Is your phone working? Can you make and receive calls? Texts. If so, I would ignore it.

If you don't have service then you would need to make a manual payment  for sevive to restore as it will not do it again for October. 

Verify at your bank also that your account is up to date.

JONMILLS

No its not working

and as i said i logged in and it says the service is on hold

@JONMILLS wrote:

I've always had my credit card on file with public mobile and they have AUTOMATICALLY charged me every month without fail. No interruption in service.

Today for the first time i got a text that said

611 - Public Mobile Here. Your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. To resume your service, make a payment at.

So i logged into my account and sure enough under overview it says

Your services are on hold: Your services are on hold due to the expiration of your subscription. If your services are on hold for more than 90 days, your account will be closed permanently and you'll lose your phone number.

I checked and my credit is there. Date of expiry is 2026. So they shouldn't have had issue.

What is this?

Do we have to manually go in and pay? Why didn't it charge my card?

There have been times when Public Mobile has mistakenly informed customers of payment failures that didn't happen. First, check to see if your service is working.  If the service is still working, ignore all of the error messages.  When it comes to your card not being charged, that could be the issuer decling the transaction or it could be the result of of a glitch in the Public Mobile systems.   If your service has stopped working due to non-payment, you will need to manually pay.

Need Help? Let's chat.