cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spouse subscription

Gordon66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made an account for my spouse but I didn't see where to put the refer a friend so I can get the 1$ off my bill and she can get the 10$ off her bill.

Does her account with the old provider cancel automatically when the public account is activated. 

How do you get to talk to an actual human to resolve issues 

11 REPLIES 11

@Arl account on the old provider will be closed at the end of the porting process.  Usually when account is not closed, it is an indication that the porting was completed successfully

So, for this time, make sure you still have the old account opened.  When you think the porting is completed, call the number and see if the PM sim card rings.  If so, check with the old provider and the account there  should be closed

Arl

Yes. The first time I got charged I called and bell said it was taken care of. The following month I got charged again. Called again. They said that it was my fault because I hadn't cancelled it even though I had the previous month. Frustrating. So thankful for pm. 

@Arl- That's not how it's supposed to work. Was that Bell a family account and your sons number got pulled out of the group?

Arl

When my son went from my bell account (at the time) to pm I was billed several months by bell because even though that number was no longer on a bell account I was apparently supposed to also call bell to cancel that line. Never got the money back. So my suggestion is to make sure your old provider is contacted to be sure. 

@Gordon66  You need to contact support to apply the code to your account 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Gordon66 no, you can't do this yourself. Only Public Mobile customer support agents may add this if you ask them through the ticket messaging system.

@Gordon66  you just joined but forgot to enter a referral code?

You can try to message support and tell them the situation and ask them to apply it back for you.  Please message them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Gordon66

Is there a simple way to use the referral code after your subscription has been activated 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gordon66   At the section about credit card, you will see a box for Referral code to put in

with the old provider, make sure it is active, DO NOT try to close the account there.  Once porting is completed it will be closed

Also make note of the account number of your old provider, you will provide the account number as porting information

Last, sorry, PM support is all online, you will have to message them for issues or post your question in the Community here like what you are doing

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Gordon66 

She will have to start converstaion with CSA to add your referal code..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Her old account deactivates as soon as you port to PM.

There's no actual human here...just us Community Forum members made up with regular users who can provide some assistance.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Gordon66  Yes her old account will close automatically once’s you  port her number over to Pm . And yes get her to contact support to apply the code for you 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.