cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim

Gordon66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched my spouse phone to PM but it still seems like I have to keep the old Sim card turned on for her to receive some texts and messages,  any thoughts.

When I try to sign her into her account the 6digit number PM texts me will only come through when I turn on the other providers Sim,  agsin is this normal 

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to send a private message or where I can get to send my referral code for the 1 and 10$ mick back 

7 REPLIES 7

@Gordon66  If you’re porting number into PM from another carrier and replied YES to confirmation text . I’d just leave old SIM card in phone until it doesn’t work any more usually with in 2 hours . Then out PM SIM card in phone this way you won’t miss any calls or text while port is being completed 

@Gordon66 - do you have a dual sim card phone? IF the public mobile sim card is receiving calls, then that is a good indication the port is complete. There would be no reason to keep the old provider's sim card in your phone. It could not be used again once that account's been closed.

Adding, make sure you received the SMS from the previous provider and replied YES to approve the port.

@Gordon66   are you porting your number into PM? you replied YES to the text from your old provider?

If so, now put the PM sim card in the phone, reboot the phone every 30 mins until incoming calls come to your PM sim card

Gordon66
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Should I take my old providers Sim card out of my phone or just turn it off in the settings 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gordon66 

A eSIM QR code will be sent by email so you can scan it on your spouse’s phone.

If you are on your computer, you can private message a CS_Agent on the envelope icon or click on your avatar then Messages and the pen/paper icon on your phone.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Gordon66  Please 

message support directly

while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click    

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gordon66   the code sending to phone is sometimes confusing with a porting request  😞

did you get to the eSIM installation step  Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you automatically, or you will get a QR code to install yourself.  If you missed the step, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  i

If it still does not connect, click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after)

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.