cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Susan-t
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a can-us subscription but I received a notice saying I required a roaming add-on when I arrived in the us. Why? The whole point of the subscription is not to need an add on.

9 REPLIES 9

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I guess it's analogous to that warning we still get that your call may be LD. The network doesn't know what plan you're on.

Since I got Canada-wide, I've always just put 1 in front of every number, but back when I was on local calling only, I'd dial without the 1 so if I got the warning I could hang up. 🙂

@Chalupa_Batman 

which US network your phone connected to when you were there?  Once you connected to T-MOBILE or AT&T, you will get such text. 

Not getting it usually indicates your phone's automatic network connection was unable to connect to either network. Try a manual network connection next time

@bske The original posted has a Canada/US plan, so they don't need a roaming add-on.

bske
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think if you didn't buy roaming package. You don't have option to use your phone plan in US. People receive the notification is because they can access the service. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I have a Canada/US plan and if get it every time I go down too. Just ignore it, it's a standard text that goes out regardless of your plan.

1000007048.png

Actually, I've never received this message when I've entered the US. I've been there twice in the last month and never a single message telling me to purchase an add on product. I'm on the $25 plan. Granted it only takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to my destination but still should get that message but don't. Go figure.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Susan-t this is a default message every PM subscribers will get when connected to T-Mobile or AT&T networks, the message sent out regardless you have Canada-US plan or if you have US roaming

If you have Canada-US plan, just ignore it.  And remember to turn on Data roaming and try to connect to T-Mobile first, if you have trouble with T-Mobile, try AT&T next

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Susan-t That is probably meant for users on different plans. I guess they didn't implement a separate piece to check if users are on Can-US plans and don't send any message.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Susan-t 

as long as you have the correct Can - US plan..ignore that message.

Need Help? Let's chat.