cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Issue

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Currently in Florida and connected to T-Mobile with a strong 4G signal. I have the Talk/Text/Data ad on. The issue is that at times my phone (Android 10) will disconnect then reconnect to the cellular network every 10 seconds. I'm also getting a random message that the sim card memory is full but as far as I can see there are no text messages or contacts stored on the sim card. Has anyone else experienced an issue like this? If I clear storage on Message and Carrier Services apps and restart phone it will work properly for a few hours but inevitably starts acting up again.

41 REPLIES 41

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Gerry_P 

Have you switched sim cards with your wife? This will determine if it's a device or a sim card issue.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gerry_P : The question and test is more about testing out something. Not to fix your issue. We would be interested in your findings on this but I don't know how techy you are.

Somewhere in your phone settings might be an option to use VoLTE if available. But it also might be greyed out (like mine).

Edit: I hope an Oracle can pull this conversation out of this thread that was started by someone else and move it over to this customers thread called Roaming issue.

Gerry_P

My phone is not 5G compatible,the only options in network settings are 2G, 3G, 4G

Gerry_P

Yes, my wife's phone is on PM with the same add on. The same phone as I have except android 9 and mine is running 10.

Network settings appear to be the same and yes, I pulled and reinserted my sim card a couple of times too. It's a very wierd issue.

@Gerry_P wrote:

I only received the text from Public Mobile once when I entered the US. I'm pretty sure the issue is just with my phone or sim card because my wife has and Android and hers is working fine.

This is a great exercise in troubleshooting! If your wife is PM customer and has same or similar US add-on and her phone works perfectly - then you have an answer 😁. Something might be off with your phone. Maybe contacts with SIM are loose; try to re-seat SIM, gently wipe contacts, blow out potential dirt/dust from the phone.

Check her phone's settings; compare with your phone's. Adjust if needed.

@Gerry_P wrote:

I've tried but the AT&T network doesn't even show up in my network settings. Is Volte 5G? I don't think my Umidigi Bison has it?

Hi @Gerry_P   VoLTE is 4G/LTE.  If your phone has 5G, you can try to connect to AT&T 5G, you can then try to set your network to 5G or 4G only to first test if Mobile Data works.  If it works, then try enable VoLTE and see if voice work.

@Gerry_P  

Maybe try the following:

Network reset of phone.  

Remove SIM card and re-insert.  

Manually select LTE or 3G.  See whether that makes a difference.  

Gerry_P

I've tried but the AT&T network doesn't even show up in my network settings. Is Volte 5G? I don't think my Umidigi Bison has it?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Anonymous   hope there is confirmation from user about VoLTE

Hi @Gerry_P   if you have time, can you try joining AT&T and enable VoLTE and try to make a phone call to see if VoLTE works there?  thanks

Gerry_P

I only received the text from Public Mobile once when I entered the US. I'm pretty sure the issue is just with my phone or sim card because my wife has and Android and hers is working fine.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gerry_P  are you getting many carrier SMS messages about you are now joined to the TMobile and using roaming , etc?

Did you manually select T-Mobile or using Automatic connect?  Please manually select T-Mobile and not rely on Automatic.  Sounds like the Automatic keep searching and reconnect network

Need Help? Let's chat.