cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public sim card activation

Chiara76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I activate my Public SIM card if I do NOT have a Canadian nor US credit card?

I have bought 30$ voucher but I am requested a credit card, which I don’t have! Thank you for your support

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Chiara76 

Was customer support unable to help you with your activation using a voucher?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Chiara76 

Oh yes y

they're a very picky around here about referral codes and when and how they are to be requested. So it's been determined that basically the way to request a referral code without breaking the rules or the community terms of service is for a community member who needs a referral code to choose another community member and send a private message requesting a referral code from that member.

As long as you request it then the member you have requested it from can private message you their referral code so as no rules are broken. This is meant to hopefully discourage unsolicited referral codes from landing in your private message box.

@Chiara76 

you can use both is same time see the  photo  how to added, or also you can use just the code 2GB data free.

Chiara76

Timer,

Thank you for your complete suggestion . Just a question: In order to have  2gb more is it sufficient to insert the promo code you gave me or do I have to include a referral friend code? In case, could I have yours?

thank you 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Chiara76 

you can purchase visa credit card  vanilla prepaid from purchase any stations or Shell,

and activation, for >>  Activate Your SIM Card Online use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,or safari on private mode,

How to Activate (publicmobile.ca)

for new Activate on any plan $25/mo or higher and get an additional 2GB of data for free* every month for 12 months with promo code 12MONTHS2GB. enter your email > Flash Sale (publicmobile.ca)

plus use refer-a-friend code from family members or friends.

for your vouchers after activation then add to your account by call *611

once connected press (1) then (1) again and enter the 12 digit PIN #, on the receipt.

or by Login Page

you will get verification code by email or SMS
and inserting the 6 digit number and not press anything
just wait a 5 second automatically be login,,

and go to payment to added vouchers and the money amount will be at Available Fund, will be used on next cycle will be taken from there automatically.. 

@Chiara76 - activations used to be allowed with vouchers, but currently they are not.

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) to help you activate and apply the voucher, by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Chiara76 

Lol..... Yes Simon in isn't going to be able to help you with this.... You can contact customer support by sending a private message and they will likely set up a live chat with you to do the activation.

Use the second link in my message above scroll down read the spoiler although it will not apply to you at the moment and just click on the link contained there and put "activation by voucher" in the subject line and leave a detailed message.

Then to keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen. When you see a little number pop up that indicates a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times but currently the wait time is about 15 minutes for a response from customer support

Chiara76

Thank you very much but the automatic customer support can’t help me. Is there a way to contact a real person to help me? 
thank you

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Chiara76 

Contact customer support and they will do the activation with you and apply the voucher to pay for your plan. This is a new change by public mobile requiring users to use a credit card or a credit debit card from a Canada or US issuer and address. Unfortunately they did not communicate this well to the public nor the existing retailers selling sim cards and vouchers. Dumb Dee Dumb Dumb and dumb... Of public mobile!

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Edit:

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Need Help? Let's chat.